Carseats in RV's

FrogJuice

We are thinking about purchasing an RV to be able to do more traveling in the future, is there anything I need to know about carseat usage in an RV or any laws or recommedations?

ADS

Mommypooh

My parents have one they use regularly and have on many occasions offered for us to ride places with them in it. I have read the manual and it discouraged car seats in any postion but the up front passenger seat. Even though they do have 2 other seats that face forwards it is not the best place to put car seats. I will not put my children in my mom's RV at all due to the car seat issue.

FrogJuice

Thank you all so much, I think we will get either a trailer or wait a couple of years, DD2 is 4 but I'm not quite comfortable not having her in a carseat yet, maybe in a couple of years.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
This is the exact reason we bought a 5th wheel camper. It hooks onto the back of our pickup truck (which we already had) and we tow it where ever we want. This way the girls are safe in their car seats but we have "our" own place to stay too.

skaterbabs

Yes, a tow-behind camper would fit your needs if you have a vehicle with which to tow it. That way everyone stay safely restrained, but you still can camp.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC