Brainstorming

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Whaddya think 'bout some sort of interactive webpage quizzer-thingy? Questions that cover all the *basics* of child passenger safety where answers are responded to with a pop-up explanation which includes quoted research/data & perhaps a relevant image, video, etc. :question: Maybe the questions could be devised in levels such as novice, intermediate, expert, etc. :confused: (Thinking of adding something like this to my site, if possible & welcome all ideas)

Last edited:
ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I had a similar idea for using those "blog quiz" makers to make a "what carseat" quiz, but I couldn't wrap my brain around it. I was playing with quizzilla (sp?) and it had some nice features, like being able to add pictures and links.

Synchro246

Very cool! It would be a great way to get internet people to open up to the fact that they may not know it all already.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I was playing with quizzilla (sp?) and it had some nice features, like being able to add pictures and links.
Aha :cool!: Did you already have some questions in mind? Care to share? Anyone else feel like contributing questions? :happy-wavehello:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Aha :cool!: Did you already have some questions in mind? Care to share? Anyone else feel like contributing questions? :happy-wavehello:

Well, I had a flow-chart in my mind, but it was backwards from the way you have to input it in the quiz, which is where I got flummoxed. As in, I was starting with the available carseats, listing their "pros" and the reasons people like them, and coming up with questions from there.

An example would be the Blvd. as a result. SIP, convertible, Britax name, variety of covers, need for lock-offs, etc.

So, if I took the quiz and got the Blvd as a result, it would look something like this:

I am pregnant and looking for an infant seat
I am pregnant and want to skip the infant seat and go straight to a convertible.
* My child is moving from an infant seat and needs a RF convertible
My child is outgrowing his FF convertible and is too young for a booster
My child is outgrowing her HWH seat and needs a HBB
etc.

* I like having a variety of unique cover styles to choose from
I want the carseat to match my car's interior
I really don't care about the cover

The seating position I will use has LATCH
The seating position I will use has locking seat belts
* The seating position I will use has seat belts that do not lock - a locking clip or lock-offs are required
The carseat will be used in a two or more vehicles and I'm not sure

* I want a carseat with SIP
SIP is a plus, but not a deciding factor
SIP is not that important for my situation

* I am willing/able to pay more for a seat that will keep my child harnessed longer
I am on a budget and just need something affordable immediately

I frequently travel by plane with my child
* I occasionally travel by plane with my child
I never travel by plane with my child

* I have a small vehicle and need lots of legroom for front passengers
I have a larger vehicle that will provide legroom regardless of the carseat

Now, if I had said that "SIP" wasn't that important, my results would be different - I'd get the Blvd, MA, and True Fit, and the Recaro, with a note that the Recaro only has RF lock-offs. Each result would then also include a list of the "pros" and "cons," so that people could compare them without getting confused - no more "Oh, I was comparing the MA and the GN but I didn't realize the GN didn't rear-face."

Each question could include links so that people who didn't understand the question could figure it out. For the seat belt question, a link on how to figure out what kind of seat belts you have, for the plane question, a link on the risks of lap-babies, SIP explanation, and of course, links about ERF and EH and boosters for the initial questions. That way even "legal minimum" people could make informed decisions.

Note that this is just a quick example - I'm surely missing a lot of questions and carseats.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the response Debbie! So sorry, it took so long for me to reply -- I'm losing track of myself without my own internet at home :dizzy: Doesn't look like I'm going to have as much time to do this as I'd hoped, anyway.... At least not for a while. Your example is different than I was thinking, but it is helpful :thumbsup: Gives me something to chew on for a while. I'm discovering the fine art of delayed gratification this year :whistle: Everything I want to get done must wait. Sigh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC