Will you please post some pics of the different EFTA covers out there?

MomofOlivia407

Please?

I can't decide which one to get. And the colors on the internet sites are never the actual colors. So if you could pretty please post real life pics of the Sandbox, Durango, Hansen, Walmart one, Harbortown, Black Ice,Barley Twist (I am doing all of these by memory-really, really, really sad that I know the names of all of these...tooooo much research). (I have found other posts with the Hansen & Sandbox, but it would help me immensely to have them all in one place!)

Also any comments on which ones stay clean or get dirty easier would be fabulous.

And does your kid stay cool enough in the seat? Or does the cover make them sweatier?

If you had to do it all over again, would you still get the same seat, in the same cover?

Any ideas on when the next sale on these will be??

I am 99.9% sure I am getting this one, so any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

Last edited:
ADS

kmcenery

Here is mine in sand box

(the stuff in the back is not normaly there we were cleaning out the car)

IMG_0144.jpg

djma

We have 2. We have the Hansen from BRU and a black/grey one from K-Mart. I love both of them! Obviously the brown shows a little more dirt, but I've wiped it down with a wipe to get milk stains off and it's worked great!

I attaching a pic of the Hansen one (excuse me pointing out headroom, that was for someone else). I don't have a pic of the black/grey one.

Last edited:

solmama

Here's a photo of the Barley Twist EFTA (Target)...I love how soft the brown is-it's easy to clean, and cozy.

Last edited:

mominabigtruck

I have sandbox that I love but someone posted an all blue cover a while back that was super pretty that I would love to get as a back up when I do laundry

kmcenery

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE. Does it get dirty easily? Does she (such a cutie) stay cool in it? THANKS!!!!!

I never see dirt one it. she stays pretty cool buit she does have a ac vent right over her head. they only thing is if she eat something the crumbs go under the cover but its very easy ti clean witinh out having to uninstall the seat. I also loike that when she got sick i did not have to remove it from the car and remove the harness it was easy to take it off wash and put right back on

BudgieStew

Black Ice

101_5833.jpg

and Sandbox

101_5855-1.jpg

I like our Sandbox over the Black Ice but IRL with a rf child in the winter the Black would be more practical.

MomofOlivia407

wow, that black ice is WAY darker than it looks like on kmart.com, so thanks for that one!

the barley twist looks nice-is it pretty gender neutral would you say? and do you think your kiddo stays cool enough in it?

i really like these sandbox ones...but they are more expensive, so we'll see.

i really am hoping that someone has the durango off of babyage.com to show me real life pics of, too...and the walmart one. those are the 2 i haven't seen posted anywhere yet.

thanks for the help, hope someone can post pics of the ones that i am missing! (I have gone to walmart to see theirs, but the only one they have is in a box & i can't see asking someone to take it out, then deciding i don't like it & walking away from that!)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We have Barley twist as well. I think it's perfectly gender neutral. My DD rides in it (her other seat is a Princess Radian--she is VERY girly) and she loves it. It's a pretty chocolate brown.

Mommy2Marcus

I have the Barley Twist as well. It looks totally different IRL than it does in the online pictures. I thought it was pretty ugly in the online pictures, but actually really like it IRL! It is a very pretty chcoclate milk & dark chocolate blend. I think the browns compliment each other very well. He stays pretty cool in it. It is a kinda of velvety material & very plush! I LOVE mine! Although I secretly want a Sandbox cover....I have seen it IRL & absolutly LOVE it to!

ETA: If I had to do it all over again I would purchase this seat again in a heartbeat! I absolutly LOVE it & the cover I have. I do LOVE the Sandbox as well, but that cover was more expensive & I could not justify it! So No regrets on purchasing this seat!

Sorry about the weird angle the picture was taken at!
018.jpg

MomofOlivia407

wow, great pic of the barley twist, mommy2marcus-it looks SO much lighter there! Very nice! And I have the same color car interior as you do, too. I don't think I can put it behind the driver side like that, though, cause I don't think DH would have enough room. Oh, which side is the knob on to tighten it? Have to look at that..or are they on both sides? I guess they would be, huh.....

I have the 15% off coupon for BRU that is good from 5/30-6/5, BUT, I really like that brown on from Target...wonder when they will go on sale? I have been watching ALL of them for a few months & only the gray and/or black ones have gone on sale at all! hmmmmm

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

I would purchase anyone you like soon. Evenflo is changing patterns on them Sandbox along with other colors are being dis. everywhere. At BRU you can use that 15% coupon and that $20. off car seat coupon which also ends on the 30th. BRU already marked them down $10. So your already getting a deal. My local BRU still had plenty left. We have the Sandbox and love it.

MomofOlivia407

I would purchase anyone you like soon. Evenflo is changing patterns on them Sandbox along with other colors are being dis. everywhere. At BRU you can use that 15% coupon and that $20. off car seat coupon which also ends on the 30th. BRU already marked them down $10. So your already getting a deal. My local BRU still had plenty left. We have the Sandbox and love it.

That just throws a wrench in everything then, because what if I like the new ones better? :) And what if they fix the red tabs that some people's kids have neck problems from? UGH And what if they go on a real clearance??????

Cindy&Connor

BRU is clearancing some of theirs because the box recently changed and they added a new label to the cover. The new ones are the same pattern, they just have a new label that says they were tested for Side Impact (or something like that, I can't remember exactly).

MomofOlivia407

Thanks Cindy & Connor, I'll check it out tonight...and see if I can use the 15% off coupon + the $20 off coupon...hope I get a nice cashier (or a dippy one?) that lets me use both??????????

I still would LOVE to see the Durango & Walmart covers if anyone has them!!!!! Thanks again!

MommaTooters

Here is a picture of the one I got of walmart.com. I love that it is so easy to wipe off with just a wet wipe. Yet to see any stains on it but we have only had it for about six months.
100_3147.jpg

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I've got to say this...but I really hope that little guy was just trying that seat out and doesn't ride FF.

He would be MUCH---over 5x safer if he were RF.

Susan

MomofOlivia407

Yep, mommatooters said in a previous post that it was just for the sake of pictures-I had to check, too! :)

ETA: Forgot to mention-the walmart one sure doesn't look as plush/cushy as the others, huh...

Shaunam

We got this one at toysrus. I think it's the same one our walmart has. Sorry I don't know the name of it. It's ok. I looove the sandbox one but couldn't justify the extra cash for it. :(

DSCN0300.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC