Britax is replacing our decathlons...help

teacher01

Britax is finally replacing our decathlons after giving me the run around for a few weeks. :D

Now the problem....do I want boulevards of marathons. They said to check them out, gave me a reference #, and told me to call back and tell them which ones I wanted.

I want to get the boulevards, but I am concerned that my DS might not like the head wings. He is 3 yrs, forward facing. He also has a regent that he sits in.

Any advice???

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Can you run to BRU and try them out? Evan has no problems w/ his BV and AJ never had a problem the few times he used it either.

CandCfam

Personally, I would go with the Marathon for the taller top slots.

Will Britax swap you for a Frontier.:whistle:

crunchierthanthou

can you ask for a Frontier or Regent for him? They're cheaper than a BV, so you'd think they would be okay with that. Either of the convertibles will only last him a couple of years max.

teacher01

I may call and see if they will replace them with a regent or frontier....but if not, he is our first, and we are planning on have another, so I will be able to pass them down.

If not, knowing that we will have another child...probably to pass them down to, which one would you get?

teacher01

So does anyone actually know which one is taller? I looked at the website, and it does say that the BV is taller...but is that not the case IRL?

teacher01

I just tried to call Britax....of course they are closed since it is after 1:45 there. I guess that I will have to wait until Monday.

If they will allow me to get a regent or frontier, which one? I already have a regent, but I was hoping to still have a seat that was airline approved. I am just a little concerned about the install issues people have had with the frontier.

If not, then is the concensus the BV or the MA?

Last edited:

Mommy2Marcus

Me personally, I would go for a Marathon. I was not ever crazy about the head wings on the Boulevard. I have also heard alot of people say the MA lasts longer! Good Luck!

U

Unregistered

We love our BLVD. head wings are not a problem at all. We got that seat because it had the SIP. Why not go for the added protection? If it last longer I'm sure it's not but much. Britax site says the BLVD. is higher than the MA. Either one is great! But the extra proctection is great. There was a great write up in The Wall Street Journal.

emars002

I have both - 2 BLVDs and 2 MA's - love the marathons but I put them in the car we don't drive very much b/c I wanted them to have the SIP. My 4 year old and my 17 month old are both comfortable in both seats and my 4 year old didn't mind the wings on the BLVD after being in a MA she thought they were comfy! Supposedly the harness straps are the same on both seats but i have heard others say when their kids outgrew the BLVD they were able to fit in the MA a little longer - I'm not sure b'c we haven't got there yet.

Stresch

We had that option (although Britax through in an extra MA cover because it was a second DC return and we argued that we'd paid more for a DC than we would have for a MA). I took the MA and kept the DC cover because it will fit on the MA. So now I have 4 covers (2 DC, 2 MA) for the one seat. Technically you aren't supposed to use the cover, but I made the parental decision to do so, although I won't use any of the DC padding in the MA.

emandbri

they replaced mine as well and I got a marathon because I have tons of marathon covers and I wanted to keep my options open. Right now Benjamin is using the new seat because it has the double click buckle which it easier for him since he can buckle himself but after Elizabeth is 33 lbs I'm going to put her in it.

If this isn't an issue for you then I would get the blvd.

Mylilboyblue

If it were me, I would go with the MAs. I had a BLVD and I have 2 MA's and my son loves his MA. The BLVD was nice, and I really loved the idea of SIP, but whenever he would fall asleep, his head would fall forward. One time his chin was touching his chest and he turned a bit dusky. Which I didn't know until I pulled over. It was scary. We returned it and have been using MAs ever since. I know some people don't have this issue with their BLVDs, but I wanted to tell you my experience.

Also he has more shoulder room in his MA too!

GL! Hopefully they will let you have a Frontier!

mysweetwe

We have two Boulevards and love them. Ds cried when we told him we'd buy him a new seat when the baby needed the BV. Then he outgrew it so it didn't matter anyway. . . We've only had the head slumping forward while sleeping issue when dh installed the seats and made them too upright (base too close to the back of the seat but he didn't notice b/c the seat backs were too cushy.

If they will allow me to get a regent or frontier, which one? I already have a regent, but I was hoping to still have a seat that was airline approved. I am just a little concerned about the install issues people have had with the frontier.
QUOTE]

I'd get a Frontier, but that's because it fits into my plan. ;) When dd1 gives the baby her BV (other one is in dh's truck) we will get her a pink frontier. When ds outgrows the Regent, we'll get a more "boy" cover for the frontier (hopefully they'll have one by then :whistle: ) and he can use it as a booster, and get a pink cover for the Regent for dd1. I'm looking forward to dd2 outgrowing her ss1, lol.

teacher01

Thanks for all the replies. I called this morning, and they won't do anything other than a convertible. :( So, they offered to send another decathlon if I wasn't sure about the marathon or the BV. I asked them if they were fixed, and they assured me that they were, so I am going to try it. It may be a bad idea, but if it doesn't work better, they are going to replace them again...i asked.

The only parts that they want back are the cover and the straps. The shell is actually still good, just not fun to tighten. Can you get another strap? I have another decathlon cover from one that was wrecked, so if I could get another set of straps, I would have an extra emergency car seat.

Again, thanks for all the replies.

henrietta

So, they offered to send another decathlon if I wasn't sure about the marathon or the BV. I asked them if they were fixed, and they assured me that they were, so I am going to try it. It may be a bad idea, but if it doesn't work better, they are going to replace them again...i asked. "

Good thing, b/c mine wasn't fixed!

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC