Making sense of the britax convertibles

christineka

My large family forum members want me, the car seat geek to advise them on what britax seat to get from the sale. I have never owned a britax seat. I don't know! I know the roundabout is the shortest of them all. It seems most people have the marathon. What are the differences between the marathon, decathlon, and boulevard? Which would you recommend?

Christine

ADS

CandCfam

www.britaxusa.net has all the info and differences on each seat.

We've been very happy with our Marathons, which is the bare bones model if you will.

The Decathlon is similar, but no LATCH bar, and the harness adjuster button is hit or miss with difficulties. Both have 17 ish" top slots.

The Boulevard has the SIP wings, about 1/2" shorter top slot position, infinite adjust harness height via knob adjustment, and lever style harness tightener like the Marathon. It also has the LATCH bar.

Infant inserts in the BV & the DC.

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The helpful article put together by Patriot describes and illustrates the differences: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=36182 I have used MAs and Blvds. and like them both very well, although the Blvd. will be outgrown by height sooner than the MA due to its lower top shoulder harness position. I have never used or installed a Decathlon, and hesitate to recommend one because it has a reputation for having a difficult harness adjuster mechanism making it tougher or downright impossible to properly tighten and loosen the harness straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC