Britax Regent Installation

A

Annab

I just purchased a Britax Regent for my 4 year old. We have used Marathons with both of our kids, and are really happy with Britax.

I needed to install the Regent using the 'long route', but the seat belt was too short. I even tried routing around the frame only and not through the cover. I got the buckle to touch, but I still am about 2 inches too short. I have a 1996 Volvo 240 station wagon. I installed it with the short route, with no problems. It is super tight--no side to side motion and no forward and back room at all.

Do I need to get the tether anchors installed? Where can I buy these?
OR do I get a seatbelt extender and use that so that I can go the long route?
OR do I need to just return the seat and find something else?

TIA!

Anna

ADS

Dillipop

Have you tried installing the seat without the recline bar? Without the bar, you will have more belt to work with. However, I think you need to use the tether if you remove the recline bar. You also must use a tether if you use the short belt route. No matter what, the seat will need to be tethered once your child reaches 50 lbs. Call your local Volvo dealership to ask about installing tether anchors. Some manufacturers offer 1 for free, others charge a little something for the anchors. My subaru anchors were $15 each, no install. My chevy anchors were free. Not sure about Volvo, someone else should know. Since you have 2 kids, I would suggest getting 2 installed now. It is much safer for a ffing childseat to be tethered. It decreases head excursion in a frontal crash.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LATCH can't be retrofit (or, rather, it can only be added into a very few select vehicles - Audi, I think?) ... but, you can & should have a top tether anchor installed - contact your vehicle manufacturer for more info (it is often free!) Also, if someone doesn't correct me here about LATCH then you can ask the manufacturer as well ;)

I couldn't get our Husky (older version of Regent) installed in my mom's Chevy Tracker with the recline bar using the long belt path ... when I removed the recline bar I got it in, though -- you could also install with the recline bar, short belt path & top tether :)

groovymom2000

I have a newer Volvo and a Husky, and it is a tight fit in my car as well.

I am using the long path, no recline and top tether. The other posters are correct in that you will need a top tether for this seat anyway. I would try to install it long path, no recline bar until you get a tether anchor in. Good luck!

A

Annab

Thanks everyone!!

It has been my experience that NOTHING from Volvo is ever free. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC