Advice needed please!

toothfairymama

This fall my daughter is going to have to be picked up from daycare once a week by someone other than myself. She is now using a Cosco Touriva on the tallest harness slot which is about 1 inch above her shoulders. I am buying her a Britax Regent during the September sale, but I think I may have to buy another seat to keep in the other person's car (if she outgrows the Touriva.) I need something with taller harness slots than the Touriva so that she can stay harnessed. It doesn't have to be a higher weight harnessing seat, because she's only 33 pounds now and she obviously won't be over 40 in December when I won't need anyone to pick her up anymore. Money is a BIG issue. I'm thinking of the Cosco Summit. The top harness slot is super tall, just tried DD in it at Baby Depot today. It's $60. If there is something cheaper than that to fit my needs that would be great!

ADS

mominabigtruck

Is it the summit with the adjustable headrest and the base?? If it is the top slot is only for booster use. I would go with an evenflo chase or a graco cargo, they're relatively cheap and they have higher slots then a summit, or if you can swing it a nautilus. 33lbs really isn't that far off from 40 and if she has a growth spurt between now and then you'll be kicking yourself for buying a 40lb seat.

toothfairymama

This is the seat I'm talking about:

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.co..._Id=465051&sku1=k_s1_76330474&is_baby_depot=1

I don't think we're thinking of the same one because it definitely has taller top slots than the Chase. I sat my daughter in the Chase and the top slots were already at her shoulders. I sat both my daughter (2 years, 9 months) and my nephew (an average sized 5.5 year old) in the Summit, and at the highest position the harness slots were just a teensy bit below my nephew's shoulders. I don't know what you mean when you say the top slot is only for booster use. Please explain!

Is it the summit with the adjustable headrest and the base?? If it is the top slot is only for booster use. I would go with an evenflo chase or a graco cargo, they're relatively cheap and they have higher slots then a summit, or if you can swing it a nautilus. 33lbs really isn't that far off from 40 and if she has a growth spurt between now and then you'll be kicking yourself for buying a 40lb seat.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The 'top slot only for booster mode only' applies to the 3-in-1 seats. The Summit doesn't have this quirk. If she fits in it and has room, I think it would make a fine backup seat :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC