Wanting to get certified

U

Unregistered

I want to get certified in car seat safety. I dont know where to find a class im in CA. Also are their any jobs out their that I can do part time I stay home with my daughter and would love to get out of the house part time. I really want to do this for friends and family and also my self. I have taking my car seat to the tech every few mos if I remove my car seat from my car for any reason and the last 4 times it has been installed right. Any info would be great thank you

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I moved this to the CDN forum since from what I could tell you meant Canada by CA as opposed to California. :thumbsup:

St. John's Ambulance is who runs tech training for the national program here in Canada. If you could post with what area of the country you're in we might be able to provide some more relevant info.

As for jobs, there aren't a lot of tech jobs in Canada - and not a lot in the US either. Most of us do it because we enjoy it and are passionate about it. Some do private checks on the side that bring in a little extra money, I know there are some who have set up their own tech business, but the issue with that becomes liability insurance. So I think the majority of those who voluntarily take the course do it just because they're passionate about the topic and want to help others. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sorry, I couldn't tell for sure from the IP address. I'll move it back for you and let the US techs answer the question for you. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC