Cracked Marathon Base

brooklynsmommy

Some how the base of my marathon got cracked in the car. I want to call CS, but my seat is from 8/04. Will they do anything? It's in perfect condition since it's grandma's seat. Can I still use it?
002-2.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would not feel comfortable using any car seat with a cracked base. Britax may offer you a new Marathon at the $100 out of warranty rate. It won't hurt to call and see.

Calideedle

My DDs Marathon got a cracked foot and I called (it was 3-4years old I think) Britax sent me a brand new seat. I didn't have to pay the $100 (they never even mentioned it) though I know a few people have had to and they emailed me a shipping label.

You might as well call!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Interesting. My dd's Marathon has a crack in the base. I called and they said the seat was safe to use and to continue using it. The crack on our seat is fairly small and they said it would not impact the safety of the seat in any way.

Calideedle

I know some people here have had the Foot repaired. Many mentioned that when mine was cracked/chipped when I called Britax I said I have a chip/crack in the foot and was wonder how to replace the foot. They took the date of my seat and said we cannot replace the foot, it is unsafe and needs to be replaced.

Here is what mine looked like:
100_0268-1.jpg

You should call and see what they say or just ask for the foot to be replaced if they dont want to give you a new one.

Peony

Hmmm, my foot is also cracked on one of our MA's, I called a year ago and they said it was fine to use. :confused: It's not a very small crack either, but the plastic on the bottom of the foot is cracked almost all the way around.

brooklynsmommy

They said that they would replace it for $100... but I have to send my cover back to them? What cover should I choose? And why can't I keep it?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am glad to hear they will replace it for you. I am suprised they want you to return the cover though. I have not heard of anyone not being able to keep thier cover, but anything is possible.

brooklynsmommy

Do they want the whole harness or can I keep the chest clip and hugs. He said harness straps to cut down on shipping to them. What about the buckle?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC