Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Does anyone have a RA or MA for sale?

Hello,

I would really like to get a Britax RA or MA, but it's just not in our budget to buy new right now. I was thinking/hoping that by posting on this board, where everyone is VERY safety minded, that I would hopefully find one from an honest seller that that has definitely NOT been in any type of accident.

Does anyone out there have one of these seats, from 2002 or newer, that they are selling?
    Thanks,
    Michelle

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered
    Hey, I dont have one. But wanted to see if I could help.
    How old is your DC and how big are they?

What is your budget like? You will find most people will ask 150-200$(for MA) for a 2002 or younger(just by watching what they go for on ebay).

Unregistered
    Hi -
    My DD is 15 mos and 20 lbs ( Don't know her length, but she's very petite. )
    We would like to spend between $100 (for a RA) or $150 (for the MA)
    Thanks!

CPS Technician
    Shoot---I just saw that Right Start has Marathon's on sale for $239. If you have a local store it would save you on shipping. I'm guessing that's gonna be too much, but they are on sale until the 26th or 28th of this month.

Maybe there's someone to help you?

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I've heard of ppl buying marathons at target and even though the price tag on the shelf says 250 they ring up 199. I dont have a receipt for mine so i dont know if its true but i think thats as good as your going to get for a marathon.

If i were you i'd buy her a seneca for the rest of her RFing time and save for a regent or husky to FF in. huskys aren't being made anymore and are on clearance for 199 (hopefully they keep going down on price before they sell out!)

That's my advice, too: Scenera RF, then save for Husky FF
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by papooses
    That's my advice, too: Scenera RF, then save for Husky FF
    ITA with both of them!

Unregistered
    Thanks for the advice!
    I found a scenera on sale at a local store for $28 !!! (after a rebate!)

Thumbs up

Awesome! What a great find
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Wow! Thats awesome! Where is the rebate from?

Unregistered
    It's from Shopko/Pamida. The Scenera was on sale for $38, plus a ten dollar mail-in rebate!

Unregistered
    Here's the thread for the rebate on line.....
    http://shopko.shoplocal.com/shopko/d...Shopko-060129I

Maybe if you print it out other stores will "price match?"

Unregistered
    From what Dreaming of Speed mentioned, I found a MA at Target for 199. I have been going back and forth on a RA or MA and I knew Target carried the RA for 199. I read on another post that some Targets have MA's, so I went back to my local Target and happen to see a MA box. The bottom of the box had a sticker for 199, but I thought it was mismarked, so I price scanned it, and sure enough it came up 199, so I purchased it. Once I brought it home, I saw some posts of sales on MA's but they were for "older" styles, so I thought my seat was last years model or something, but when I looked at the DOM it was from January 06. The color is not my first preference, (Arcadia Grass), but I can live with it.

CPS Technician
    Great find....if you save up---you can get new covers for $50.

SUsan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech