Is this a good seat?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
As long as it meets the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards & is used correctly 100% of the time, then it's safe. Any seat that meets these 2 requirements are safe regardless of cost & fancy features.

What is/are your vehicle(s) year, make, model info?
What is your budget?

mominabigtruck

Learning curve/Compass makes really nice seats all around. I know alot of people don't have that seat yet but just basing it off their previous infant seat I would imagine that its a pretty nice seat. It's a standard 22lb/29in seat but has built in lock offs, is lined in eps foam has little headwing inserts for infants and is front adjust. And price wise, I think $119 at target, its about as nice as you get for that amount of money:D

Shilohsmom

We have a 2000 2 door Honda Civic EX. We also have DS RFing in a BV. I am thinking that I am only going to be able to fit both of them outboard. I doubt I can get them side by side. Still...anyone know of a seat that is more narrow than others?

BW1426

We have a 2000 2 door Honda Civic EX. We also have DS RFing in a BV. I am thinking that I am only going to be able to fit both of them outboard. I doubt I can get them side by side. Still...anyone know of a seat that is more narrow than others?

I assume you're just talking about infant seats, right? If that's the case, it's not always about which is narrower, but rather about which mesh together better. You may want to go to a local baby store (without DS) that has a variety of carseats you can try in your car. Depending on the position of the handle (always read the manual because some have to be up, some have to be down and some can be a variety of angles) you may get a different fit.

Also, though, because you have a two door, it will probably simplify your life to have them both outboard. I'm not sure what age/size DS is, but you may want to consider the Graco Safe Seat 1. It will last your infant a lot longer and by the time baby grows out of the Safe Seat it could be perfect timing to pass the Boulevard down and get DS a bigger seat like the Regent, Nautilus or Frontier. :twocents:

Wineaux

If it's based upon the Compass infant seats then I would highly recommend the seat. I am a huge fan of Compass's infant seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC