Dumb question about the Comfy Soft

cpsaddict

So, I have it all installed, but I am confused about one thing. What is the shelf liner like stuff on the back of it? Am I supposed to thread this in somewhere? I don't have the instructions or I would refer to those. I do, however, feel like an idiot because I need instructions for it.:p

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Tuck it under the seat cover, on the top, oh, little kid, through the high harness slot, I think.

singingpond

So, I have it all installed, but I am confused about one thing. What is the shelf liner like stuff on the back of it? Am I supposed to thread this in somewhere? I don't have the instructions or I would refer to those. I do, however, feel like an idiot because I need instructions for it.:p

I felt the same way, and I bought mine NIB.... and there were no instructions whatsoever, other than the pictures on the outside of the box :rolleyes: . I was scratching my head too. Do you mean the two strips of shelf liner that are attached to the infant body pillow/toddler head pillow? As best I could figure out (and I asked here also at the time, and got the same answer), they just run up over the top of the carseat backrest, to hold the pillows in the proper place. I think I was able to tuck the ends under something, maybe the edge of the cover, in back of the seat. Since my DD was only about 6 m.o. when I bought the insert, the pillows had to be fairly low down for her, and a length of that shelf liner material was exposed -- looks sloppy and unprofessional, but apparently that's the way it's supposed to be. I think I actually downloaded the Radian 80 instructions at the time, to see if they had any additional nuggets of information about the insert, but I don't remember being impressed, LOL. Another poster suggested tucking the strips through an unused harness slot, but my recollection is that that didn't work out (I think even the highest harness slots are lower down than where you want the little shelf liner strips to go).

ETA: If you're actually using the pillows as infant body pillows near the bottom of the seat, I don't know what you do with the shelf liner -- maybe just tuck it out of the way somewhere ??

Katrin

cpsaddict

I felt the same way, and I bought mine NIB.... and there were no instructions whatsoever, other than the pictures on the outside of the box :rolleyes: . I was scratching my head too. Do you mean the two strips of shelf liner that are attached to the infant body pillow/toddler head pillow? As best I could figure out (and I asked here also at the time, and got the same answer), they just run up over the top of the carseat backrest, to hold the pillows in the proper place. I think I was able to tuck the ends under something, maybe the edge of the cover, in back of the seat. Since my DD was only about 6 m.o. when I bought the insert, the pillows had to be fairly low down for her, and a length of that shelf liner material was exposed -- looks sloppy and unprofessional, but apparently that's the way it's supposed to be. I think I actually downloaded the Radian 80 instructions at the time, to see if they had any additional nuggets of information about the insert, but I don't remember being impressed, LOL. Another poster suggested tucking the strips through an unused harness slot, but my recollection is that that didn't work out (I think even the highest harness slots are lower down than where you want the little shelf liner strips to go).

ETA: If you're actually using the pillows as infant body pillows near the bottom of the seat, I don't know what you do with the shelf liner -- maybe just tuck it out of the way somewhere ??

Katrin

Oh, good. Now I don't feel so alone. I was just :confused: about what it was for. I am using it for a one month old, so it's low. I guess I will tuck it under the cover or something.

U

Unregistered1

What? Is this a car seat I actually haven't heard of? Could it be??

BW1426

What are the little loops on the back of the comfy soft? It almost looks like it is made for the harness slots to be threaded through, but of course there would be no way to use the seat if this were the case.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What are the little loops on the back of the comfy soft? It almost looks like it is made for the harness slots to be threaded through, but of course there would be no way to use the seat if this were the case.

Those little loops are for the strips of shelf liner to be tucked down into when you're using it with the infant insert instead of as a toddler head pillow. :)

Since you're using it with a 1mo old, I'm guessing you're using both pieces? Just tuck the shelf liner into those little loops to keep them out of the way for now, and velcro the 2 pieces together. You'll have to play with the distance in regards to how you attach the 2 pieces so that the space between the body support and head support is right for the baby and the harness height, but it's not too difficult to do and once you get it adjusted it doesn't have to get moved for awhile. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC