Vehicle seat recline with RF carseat

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
DD is RF again in her Wizard since she's been steady at only 30# again now for a few weeks & shows no sign of another growth spurt for weight :eek: Anyway, I got a very tight install with LATCH in the 2nd row bench by reclining the vehicle seat back towards the 3rd row - it's at about a 35* angle braced against the front seat (& my cousin lost the D-ring, though). In this way DD can stretch her legs out & says it's like a sofa :rolleyes: Just want to check that this is OK to do when there are no other passengers riding along? Of course, I bring the bench back up to install the Husky next to the Wizard & surely when anyone is sitting in the front row ... but just want to be sure it's safe for DD to ride RF with the vehicle seat back reclined :)

ADS
M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

I was told that this depends on the vehicle manual. I think I've been told it is okay to be reclined a little (I'm horrible with numbers and degrees and stuff, totally flunked math!)

I don't do it yet because they aren't tall enough. I sometimes recline it to install and then sit it back up, but that's it. It does not seem to affect how tight it is installed though even if I do lower it once it's installed.

I would think if you are comfortable with it and it doesn't affect the install AND the seat is tethered then yes it would be okay.

But that is just my totally non knowing, unprofessional, what I would do opinion. :)

And D rings are cheap to order from Britax, I ordered a bunch of extras when I ordered covers a while ago. So I don't have to worry about taking it out of my Mom's truck, or my Dad's truck, and finding them again if they don't end up back in the little pocket. :) I have one at each seating position tether spot in my van so I don't have to worry about putting them on since it can be kind of a pain if I'm in a hurry. :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
This is basically what I was thinking.... My leggy 42" 30-31# kiddo really appreciates the extra room, but still does cross her legs a lot of the time -- when others ride DD is OK with me flipping the back more upright, but it also helps me to have it reclined more so she can stretch her legs out for easier buckling :eek: Oh & I remembered I'd left 1 D-ring in my mom's car so I got the top tether hooked up ;) It would be nice on one hand if DD stays this size until June when we get the TwoWay or Secura, but on the other hand I'd really like to see her gain some weight! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC