Britax replacing my FPSVD with a MA

My son told me his carseat was broken. I asked him to show me. He showed me that the seal where the hole is for the crotch buckle was unsealed. does that make sense? the front and back fo the cover arent connected and he was sticking his dfingers in there playing with the stuffing. lovely. it was WIDE open and not even jsut a little hole. SO I called them today and told the issue. She put me on hold and when she came back, she told me they would send me a Marathon to replace the FPSVD :eek: I was shocked. LOL I thought best case scenerio if they didnt have any FPSVD covers would be to send a MA cover. I never dreamed they would send me a new MA. LOL She even asked me if I could get online to look at the covers and pick which one I wanted. I asked for the LSU Tigers, but they were out of stock. She went and double checked for me, though. We decided on the ALL Star blue :love: The lady was so nice, too. I'm so excited! I'm still in shock! LOL She said I could either give them a CC# to place the charge on hold until I send them the FPSVD stuff or just send them the FPSVD cover and harness straps and they will send the MA when they recieve it. I opted to just have them send the prepaid mailing label so I can send them the cover and straps first and get the MA once they recieve them. I :love: their CS!

ADS

BW1426

:eek: What a great deal. And, I bet it will be one of the new 35 lb RF seats too:thumbsup:

:eek: What a great deal. And, I bet it will be one of the new 35 lb RF seats too:thumbsup:

yeah, I am beyond :eek: LOL. I am really hoping its the new 35# seat! I am probably going to put my 3 year old in the BLVD aince he is FF and put the 8 month old in the MA. Thats if my 3 year old will allow that. He refused to let me get him any other seat back when we had to replace the FPSVD a few months back. I had to order another FPSVD instead of upgrading him LOL He's got a mind of his own and is not afraid to voice it! I may have to use bribery :whistle:

keri1292

They replaced my seat two weeks ago and I got a 35lber with the double click buckle. :thumbsup:

Mommy2Five

Wow!
That seems to contradict almost everything I've heard about their CS..
I'm glad you had a good experience!!

MissAllyLou

I had my DC replaced with a BLVD about a month ago, and they sent me a double click buckle and a 35# limit, too! I bet your's will be, also.

PixieEMT

They did that for me back in November too. My straps were fraying on my FPSVD though.

And to think they keep giving Kidzndogs a hard time about replacing her FPSVD!! I even tried calling for her!!!:mad::mad::mad:

They did that for me back in November too. My straps were fraying on my FPSVD though.

And to think they keep giving Kidzndogs a hard time about replacing her FPSVD!! I even tried calling for her!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I don't know her situation, but after seeing several replaced, I would call and talk to a supervisor. I didnt even ask for mine to be replaced, they simply offered it to me. I just told them when the problem was.

MommyBoha

WOW!! They just sent me a MA buckle and harness when my FPSVD harness was fraying. And the lady I talked to was rude and acted like I was wasting her time.

PixieEMT

WOW!! They just sent me a MA buckle and harness when my FPSVD harness was fraying. And the lady I talked to was rude and acted like I was wasting her time.

That is really has me POed at Britax. I first was told "It's normal for the harness to fray." Then I called back and got "No, it's not OK and NO you can't buy any other Britax parts to use on the FP seat."

I was ready to just whip out a credit card and either buy replacement parts or pay the difference for a new seat.

I shouldn't complain b/c I got a new MA from them.............but it makes me nervous that they are giving different answers to different people!:mad::thumbsdown:

I really want to call them out about it but they have no email contact info online!!! :mad::mad:

for the ones having problems with britax not replacing the fpsvd, have you asked to speak to a supervisor? i know I always ask for a supervisor if I feel like i am getting the runaround or I am not satisfied with the answer.

i do find it odd that some people like me are getting the seat replaced without even asking for that and some are getting replacement parts from a different seat. maybe they changed what they are doing for x, y, and z circumstance and not eveyrone is up to speed on the current info?

MommyBoha

Yeah, Im not fond of thier CS either and now Im having issues getting the harness tight enough, so I have to call them AGAIN. NOT looking forward to that at all. I swear if she was closer to 3 years and around 30lbs, I would just put her in the GN and forget about it.

Ok not really, but you KWIM LOL

dhardawa

The joke with Britax customer service has always been to call five times and take the best three out of five answers.

It wasn't that way when they first hit the US market.

Their C/S used to be AWESOME.

Before I became a "Britax family", I heard that their CS was great. I have had nothing but good experiences with them, but I have only had to test that twice. The other time was when I bought my Boulevard. The way I was reading their blvd info on their site, I thought there was more than one crotch buckle adjustment. I bought the blvd online and found out that it was jsut one. My son looked too big for it (at 6 mths and very chunky). They offered to pay to ship the blvd to them (because it would cost me too much to sent the seat back to the store i bought it from due to me paying the shipping and then a restocking fee) and me pick out another seat fromt he same category (MA or Decath). They sent me the shipping label and I picked the dacathelon. I decided to give the blvd a shot in the car for a few days to just try since i really like the wings. I decided to keep the blvd. both times were awesome results. With Graco, Ive had to call a billion times and fight with them over issues. My comfortsport was great for the first few months and then it was a nightmare with way too many issues. I had to fight with them to get a solution I liked (they paid for shipping to send the seat back to them and they sent me a check for a full refund.. I had the seat for close to year, but had been in constant contact with complaints for probably half that time!)

ok .. done rambling. LOL try try try again :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC