Question 3 Across : 2 Monterey's and a R65

amjbmommy

So I'm kinda thinking ahead.... well for now I want to get 2 Monterey's for my 2 oldest dc. We're also planning on one more dc (sooner or later who knows ;)) I have an '02 Windstar Sport that seats 7 (2 captains chairs and a bench in back) If we do have another I'ld need to put the 3 oldest in the back bench (2 Monterey's and I'ld get a R65 for the third oldest) The thing that has me a bit worried is the side wings on the Monterey's. My older 2 are tall skinny things so I don't expect to have to expand the side wings (much if at all) Also the middle of the bench is a lap belt only.... can I safely secure the R65 in the middle with only the seat belt? Has anyone done this configuration before?

ADS

Mommy2Five

I have a 98 Montana, and can not fit 2 Montereys and a RN65 in the 3rd row. Even at their narrowest setting, the Montereys are 19" across each, RNs are 17" at the widest pt of the shell. I could eventually cram them all into the seat, but there was NO way I could fit my hand between to buckle them and the Mont.s didn't sit flush with the seat... The way we have ours set up is

RF RN / FF RN / RF RN

Monterey/ /Monterey

It's a PITB to have the 2 RF toddlers in the 3rd row, but this is the only way it works in our van.

HTH

amjbmommy

Hmmm.... I don't think I'ld want to have a newborn all the way in the back though :( I suppose I'ld have to get 2 R65 and put the the now 14m RF and 3 1/2yr old FF (course they'ld be older by the time we have the baby but I'm pretty sure the little one would still be RF'ing) What could I fit for dd in the back though? Now she's 56 1/2" and 66lbs so even a PW would "just" fit her now but what about for later? I'm such a planner.... drives dh crazy, lol ;)

April

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has made that configuration work (Monterey, FF RN, Monterey), as that's what I'm hoping to do in DH's truck, which currently has highback Turbo, RN, PW.

If anyone has done it, please pipe up!

Mommy2Five

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has made that configuration work (Monterey, FF RN, Monterey), as that's what I'm hoping to do in DH's truck, which currently has highback Turbo, RN, PW.

If anyone has done it, please pipe up!

I can fit that 3 across in our Durango.
How wide is the rear bench in his truck?

I'll get a pic for you later.

Mommy2Five

here are pics.

2000 Dodge Durango (57" 2nd row bench seat) All w/ seat belts)
Monterey / FF RN / Monterey

A tight fit, and the Montereys couldn't be adjusted to their widest width..only about 1/2 way.

IMG_0002-12.jpg

IMG_0004-3.jpg

April

here are pics.

2000 Dodge Durango (57" 2nd row bench seat) All w/ seat belts)
Monterey / FF RN / Monterey

A tight fit, and the Montereys couldn't be adjusted to their widest width..only about 1/2 way.

Holy cow those Montereys look huge with the RN in between them. Thank you for the pic. Now I'm really confused though, cause I drive a 2000 Durango and I was sure that you're not allowed to put a seat in the center position of the second row.:confused: In any event I don't want them in my Durango, I want them in DH's Dakota, which I'm thinking might not work. I have to go measure...

Mommy2Five

Dodge has said that if you can get a good, tight install in the middle seat, you are allowed to put a CR there! :thumbsup:

I'll go look for the link...

April

Oooohhh...I love you! But you mean when we have another baby I can't get DH to buy me a brand new Sienna????

How do the kids get in the third row? Through the back??

amjbmommy

I wish there was an IRL store that carried these seats.... it would make playing around with them SO much easier! I'm going to measure my bench seat today and play around with the numbers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC