Two RF seats in a 2006 PT Cruiser

MommaTooters

Someone please tell me that this can be done comfortably and safely. We currently have a Pt Cruiser and while I would love to trade it in for a minivan it doesn't look like we will be able to. We haven't even had the car for two years so I know we wouldn't get the best deal. Not to mention in order to keep the payments the same was what we pay now we would have to go down to an 02-03 possibly 04 with more miles than what we have...I'm just not sure that would make much sense. I would love to have more room but I know it can be done! Anyone have any experience and or pictures!?

For the record...we have a ds who's 14 months old RF in an EFTA and I am due with little bean December 7th. Not sure about which seat we will be going with at first.

ADS

Wineaux

I own a PT Cruiser convertible, and have a Britax Roundabout RF. It allows full use of the front seat. Shell length is the issue for me, but you may not have that problem with the 4-door. Go to Babies-R-Us and they will let you try out seats in your car. ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

MommaTooters

I own a PT Cruiser convertible, and have a Britax Roundabout RF. It allows full use of the front seat. Shell length is the issue for me, but you may not have that problem with the 4-door. Go to Babies-R-Us and they will let you try out seats in your car. ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

oh man I would love to go to babies r us! The closest one here is about four hours away. My EFTA doesn't let me put the drivers seat as far back as my dh would like. It's do able but with Evenflo having the 1.5inch requirement it's kind of hard. I guess I just need to have someone measure shell length!

Wineaux

Well the EFTA is a hulking beast... The Britax RA is just a perfect fit, allowing the front seats to go all the way back. Plus I can RF tether the seat and it has a 35# weight limit!

Posted via Mobile Device

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
But keep in mind that many newer vehicles don't allow a RF carseat to lean up against the front passenger seat - it interferes with the seat's airbag sensors, and could cause the airbag to not deploy even though someone was using that seat.

The driver's side doesn't have that problem, as far as I know, but you should check your vehicle manual before installing the carseats. :thumbsup:

MommaTooters

Well the EFTA is a hulking beast... The Britax RA is just a perfect fit, allowing the front seats to go all the way back. Plus I can RF tether the seat and it has a 35# weight limit!

Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, I figured that out the hard way. We were shooting for a Britax of some sort but could only afford the EFTA at the time. I really do like the EFTA but sometimes I wish it wasn't so bulky. It now has a 35lb rf limit so I love that!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The EFTA only takes up marginally more room than the Roundabout. Mominabigtruck had a Blvd RF in a PT Cruiser, so I know it's do-able :)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
AFAIK, Evenflo infant seats still require that 1.5" of space between any part of the infant seat and the front vehicle seats (I can't find any of their instruction manuals online at their web site--helpful :rolleyes:). There never was a spacing rule with the Evenflo convertible seats. It's just confusing. :dizzy:

Mama!

In my mom's Cruiser, I could easily get an Uptown RF (short shell like RA), and I'd think that with the pod shape of the EFTA I could too. Now I want to try. :whistle:

Our Signo will go RF, but its really upright and not much boarding room for kid. Its pretty darn big FF too. Looks like a throne sitting in there.

MommaTooters

No uh oh, I meant that sincerely.
I have never had not one single issue installing a seat in the vehicle!

GOOD! I haven't had an issue...I can actually get a better and tighter fit in my car than I can in my mom's Dodge Caravan. I just don't like the limited amount of room I have to get ds in and out...between the seat and the frame of the car. It's not that big of a deal but sometimes when he is a little wild it can be difficult!

MommaTooters

In my mom's Cruiser, I could easily get an Uptown RF (short shell like RA), and I'd think that with the pod shape of the EFTA I could too. Now I want to try. :whistle:

Our Signo will go RF, but its really upright and not much boarding room for kid. Its pretty darn big FF too. Looks like a throne sitting in there.

You will like the fit of the EFTA in there!! Funny you say it looks like a throne...here is a picture of ds sitting FF just for the sake of pictures (he is still happily rf) Dh says he is sitting on his own throne
100_3147.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC