Question Post advisory Regent with shorter strap height?

Auntie2Avi

Avi is currently using two Regents, one has a DOM of June 07, pre advisory, Sahara pattern. The other one he is using has a DOM of Jan 08, I think, not positive, and it is the Onyx pattern. In my car(08 Toyota Corolla)/my dad's car (01 Volvo S60)/my van(98 Pontiac Montana) Avi is using the 2nd slots from the top, and seems to be creeping up to the top slots. I am going to take some more pictures tomorrow with a ruler/straight edge at his shoulder height. The other day I looked at how Avi fit in his Regent in his mom's car (04 Nissan Quest) and it seemed like he barely needed to be using the 2nd slots down, and could even be moved down a notch. Is it the car, or do pre/post advisory seats fit kids differently? I want to try the Onyx in his mom's car and take comparison pics but it just seems so strange to me. Has anyone else had this experience?

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I have 3 Regents ('06, pre- advisory '07 & '08 models) and all 3 have the same top harness slot measurements. The vehicle seat and the recline or sitting more upright will change how a child sits in the seat and where their shoulder hit height wise. For K2 grew out of her MA in my mom's PT Cruiser but we moved that same MA to my truck and she had little less then 1" of growing room.

MomToEliEm

I have a 2006 regent and 2007-post-advisory seat and both have the same harness height. I have noticed the covers different though. On my 2007 seat, the cover doesn't seem to line up well with the actual slots making the straps appear to fit differently.

scatterbunny

I agree with Jen-nah, it's more the vehicle seat's shape/recline, the carseat's install and/or the way the child is sitting that makes the difference. H fits the same seat differently in different vehicles. She outgrew the Futura in my van MONTHS before she outgrew it in dh's truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC