Tallest boosters?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I know we've discussed this before, but I can never remember what people have said. What are the tallest HBB out there?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Counting ones that have to have a vehicle head rest also?

If not, I would say the Monterey. If there is a different one, I really would love to know!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Kecia said her Jane's are about 22. Last I measured I got 23-25 (yes, it was taaaalllll, wonder what I did wrong, lol) on my Recaro Start, but it was kind of a tricky measurement since the belt guide is sideways (Kar's 56 inches at almost 11 and has a couple inches, probably 2 more years in that seat, I know he's built similar to your kids...).

TerisBoys

I found the Jane about the same size as the Parkway when Josh tried both.

Vivo is about the same as the Parkway as well.

And the Cosco Pronto is REALLY tall, but requires vehicle seat support.

scatterbunny

I agree with Julie, getting an accurate measurement for the Start is hard, but H really seems to have the most height room in that. I haven't tried her in an Indy Plus or Monterey, though.

Here is my booster comparison pic thread, and I can try to find a better pic of the growing room in the Start, if you would like. I know I took some just sitting in the living room, with the headrest in the highest setting and H sitting in it; no seatbelt, but you can see how much room until her shoulders hit the bottom of the headrest (which is really the max torso height for the Start, since the shoulderbelt guide is up higher than the headrest).

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I found the Jane about the same size as the Parkway when Josh tried both.

Vivo is about the same as the Parkway as well.

And the Cosco Pronto is REALLY tall, but requires vehicle seat support.

This is helpful, except.... How tall is the Parkway? ;) I mean,I know how my kid fits in it, but the only other HBB I have to compare that with is a German Concord Lift.

Is the Parkway taller than the Turbo? I thought the Graco AirBooster was taller than the Turbo; how does that compare?

crunchierthanthou

The parkway is taller than the Turbo. The Airbooster and Turbo are about the same height, the Air is just wider (and deeper?).

edit: comparison pic of TB (left) and Air (right)- both on tallest settings.

0212081947.jpg

skaterbabs

What's really odd is that CJ had room in the Air Booster a year after he outgrew the Turbo, and he lasted about 18 mos in the Parkway after outgrowing the Turbo.

Stretchy Glue

100_1528.jpg

Nake Turbo in the middle, FPSV booster on the left, Parkway on the right.

100_2171.jpg

Turbo on left, PW on right.

Oddly though, the Turbo was outgrown by dd in November, but she has a smidge of room in the FPSV.

Mommy2Five

Copied from the Monterey Album thread

Comparison Pics! DD 7y 7mos old and 55lbs In her Monterey, Turbo, and GN as a booster.

Monterey. She has about 7 inches of torso growth room!!
IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Turbo at highest setting:
IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Nautilus in booster mode:
IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-2.jpg

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC