Musical Car seats wanta help me out

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok we are starting up helping with a day camp tomorrow (and the rest of the summer)... so i'm trying to figure out how/what/who to do with my carseats in the van. I will have...

3.5 y/o 36lbs
6 y/o(almost) 45lbs or so...
8 y/o 58lbs or so
5 y/o child unknow weight/height yet (i'm sure mom has them in a backless)
8 y/o child girl guess of 50lbs maybe...
8y/o child girl again guess of 50lbs or so

Yes this means SOMEONE needs to go in the front seat of the van. I have yet to try a seat up there... so any suggestions????

Oh yes the seats i have are...
marathon
radian
parkway
turbo w/ back
turbo w/o back
high rise cosco booster no back
and i have an uptown in the shed... i'd have to clean it, ect...

SO let me know it! :) Suggestions are so welcome i'm not going out there to mess with any of it till the kids are all sleeping and in bed and it's not 120% humidity like it is right now! LOL

ADS

BW1426

3.5 y/o 36lbs
8 y/o 58lbs or so

marathon
radian
parkway
turbo w/ back
turbo w/o back
and i have an uptown in the shed... i'd have to clean it, ect.

My first choice would be:
6yo Radian front seat
5yo or Marathon captain's chair
8yo booster captain's chair
3.5 yo in uptown back center
2 8yo rear outboard in whichever boosters fit.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
See i was kinda thinking along thoes lines but i really don't think 2 boosters and the uptown will fit in the back row together... the uptowns base is so low to the seat there won't be any buckel room...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Oh that would help ...

ALL seat spots have head rests, and L/S belts in ALL Spots. There is ONLY LATCH in the middle of the 3rd row and the two capt. chairs in the middle.

I'm going to run out to check the radian in the front b/c it has AWFUL long and HARD seat belt stalks....

myliljunebugs

Okay, what about all the 8 year olds in the back seat, Radian and Uptown in captains chairs, and MA in front seat? Whoever the oldest that fits in the MA can go in it, then the other younger 2 in the captains chairs? Would this work?

BW1426

If you can get three booster across in the back, I'd go that way. It may be difficult to get them buckled.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I think i'll try that, i really was looking for the radian in the front due to the great ratings w/o teathering it but i guess it will have to be the marathon... i might have to ask my friend to swap me my FPSVD for my uptown (i loaded it out but her baby is only 10 months and the uptown would fit). If the 3 boosters won't fit maybe if i put the radian back there that would work...
I'm pretty sure none of thoes 8 y/o will fit in the marathon so that next oldest is my DD the 6y/o so i'll try her out in the marathon but i'm sure she'll fit b/c the radian she still have about 1.5 left in it...

U

Unregistered1

Ok we are starting up helping with a day camp tomorrow (and the rest of the summer)... so i'm trying to figure out how/what/who to do with my carseats in the van. I will have...

3.5 y/o 36lbs
8 y/o 58lbs or so

Yes this means SOMEONE needs to go in the front seat of the van. I have yet to try a seat up there... so any suggestions????

Oh yes the seats i have are...
marathon
radian
parkway
turbo w/ back
turbo w/o back
and i have an uptown in the shed... i'd have to clean it, ect...

SO let me know it! :) Suggestions are so welcome i'm not going out there to mess with any of it till the kids are all sleeping and in bed and it's not 120% humidity like it is right now! LOL

I would go with
6 y/o Radian, front seat (since it's lower profile, low head excursion)
5 y/o Marathon (if they fit)
3 y/o Uptown
Lighter 8 y/o Parkway
Lighter/shorter 8 y/o Turbo w/ back
Biggest 8 y/o backless booster, you pick

I'm not a big help on seating positions except that I'd put the radian in front, is there a reason why you were thinking otherwise?

abacus2

How about the Radian in front if it fits with the 6 yr old, otherwise the Marathon with the oldest child who fits. The other two harnessed seats for the 5 and 3 yr olds in the captions chairs, trading for the FPSVD if you need to. And then three boosters across the back with HBBs outboard and a backless in the middle.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
NO WAY will the radian fit in the front seat... the seat belt stalks are about 3 inches tall and HARD/STIFF and a little forward of the seat bright... SO NO GO! BUT MY 6 y/o will fit in the marathon (she has a short torso) so she'll go there. Bed time now.... then i'll go out and try some stuff with the seats...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
OK... been out there for the past 30 min trying to see how to work this.... So while i was out there in the nasty sticky humidity... sorry but it's a killer today! LOL I was moving the marathon into the front... and though where and why are they doing to sit up here on normal day ... we only do trips 3 days a week I'm not leaving the marathon up there in my seat... so i stopped on that to think it out a while... moved to the back row (got even hotter and stickier) and messed with the boosters... NO GO on 3 boosters, the middle belt is one of thoes with 2 female ends on each side and the achore points are smaller then the boosters so it's odd fit on any of the boosters. SO i started with the radian in the middle since it's got latch there and we all know radian and LATCH just work better! LOL Well then i tried the boosters one of the backless and the head rests aren't really centered with the booster it's hard to explain b/c it didn't look right or safe so i put the 2 hi back ones there and i couldn't hardly fit my had to reach the seatbelt stalk so i pulled the seat out and the radian is like sitting on the bottem of the belt stalks making them shorter.... so took it out and put it out board as far over (but not off the seat) as i could and it seems to have more room... but the only seat that i think will fit in the front is the marathon.... using latch but then i only have the uptown for tomorrow to put up front and only my 3 y/o small enough to use it... well till i get the FPSVD, but that won't be till the weekend. So back to sqare one. since tomorrow is a short in town trip i think i'll just make the other driver take the extra child but i know she'll put HER 9 year old in the front of her car and that makes me cring... hummmm

becca011906

Senior Community Member
again the uptowns base is wide it's not really up on a base it's 'footprint' is much much bigger then the marathon and doesn't mush well with the radian like the marathon does... arrrgggg why did i have to loan out the good seat.... MAYBE i'll be lucky and one of the 8 year olds will pass the 5step test in the 3rd row of my quest and then they can be in the middle back row... hummm ds is really really close but he needs about 1/2 inch in leg length everything eles fits but his feet around about 1/2 inch from hitting the floor...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well i gave up for the night... right now i have the radain back seat out board, ds's backless turbo other outboard, parkway middle and marathon middle, the other turbo and the other backless in the back area... so i'll be able to try some kids out in seats ect tomorrow... i'll report back tomorrow with what we decided to do between the two cars we have my van and the other mama's trail blazer that seats 7. she has 9y/o, 6 y/o, 3.5 y/o, and then her car is supose to have also 8y/o, 5 y/o... so we'll figure it out tomorrow when we have the seats from parents, seats we both have, kids actual sizes, ect. :)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
UPDATE:

Ok we didn't go anywhere all week until today, and the owner of the center is going to be having 6 in her car and will be putting her almost 9 year old in the front not much i can really say since it's my boss, not my kid, not my car, i did suggest moving her harnessed child there and the looked at me like i had 2 heads so anyways i'll leave it at that and pray...
SO here was the arangments... in my car (THE ONLY ONE I CAN CONTROL) ... back 3rd row i put my 3 y/o in her marathon FFing in the middle, the radian next to it with a 5 y/o boy who was about 45lbs or so, then my almost 6 y/o in the parkway in the 3rd row as well. Middle row was my ds in his backless booster he's 8, and another 6.5 y/o in the hi back turbo in the middle.... he was about 50lbs or so i'd guess kinda short and mom has him in NOTHING his her camaro and has little bro in a backless... anyways it worked out fairly well... in the other car she had her almost 9 y/o in the front, 3rd row scenera w/ her 3y/o, 8.5 y/o large passed 5step test actully in the middle seating possition so she was there, then her 6.5 in a backless in the middle. back row was the other two 5 y/o one in a backless booster and the other in a hi back somthing booster... so it wasn't the best in my eyes but still best i could do in my car :) ...

next week we will BOTH have 6 kids in our cars to go to the Indy Zoo so i'll be looking for how/who i will have that week... but it's looking like my 3 kids, a just turned very small 8y/o I'd guess 47lbs or so, and mybe 48" or so tall, then i'll have her sister who's 11y/o, about 110lbs, and only about 4'8" tall... so i'm hoping she passes the 5step test in the 3rd row b/c she won't in the captin chairs at all. Then probably another 8 y/o who will need atleast the low back booster... so once again i'm back to needing to put SOMEONE in the front. So i'm thinking i'll go ...

Marathon front w/ my almost 6y/o
Radian captiain chair w/ my 3.5 y/o
Turbo w/ back for 8y/o 3rd row
parkway for my 8y/o
middle of back will be 11y/o
and then backless in the other captiain w/ 8y/o

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC