I saw my first infuriating misuse today

monstah

I have only recently become an "overprotective" car seat mom THANK YOU CAR-SAFETY.ORG! :D And I am beginning to look into other peoples cars at their seats... well... today leaving the park I looked over to my right as I was loading my stroller and the car next to me was leaving with a tiny girl, most definitely under 2 and under 40# sitting on her 5 point car seat, ON TOP of the straps and leaning way foward. No belt of any kind on this poor baby. I started running after the car to tell them that they had forgotten to buckle up their little girl!! I was able to just touch the trunk as they took off (I was in full sprint) and I wanted so bad to beat on the trunk and force them to buckle her in. They drove off so fast. :mad: I can't imagine they would do this on purpose.... right??! I really wish I got their plate #! :thumbsdown:

I can't imagine how I will feel when my kids start going to school and I have to see all of that misuse.

ADS

Wineaux

As someone here is apt to say, "Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies."

And yeah, I'd have had the cellphone out calling 911 myself.

Ice Princess

I have started walking through stores and parking lots with blinders on.

Yesterday there was a baby boy in a bucket seat with his head a good two inches above the seat shell. I wanted to say something so bad but just bit my tounge. We do have a new hotline in town we can call miss uses into, but since we were in the store I didnt have the license plate number.

monstah

So it has been what... less than 48 hours since I started this thread and already I have to add my 2nd "misuse". I pulled into a mall parking spot and waited to get out as the family next to me was getting into their car. Dad hopped into drivers seat and put on his seatbelt. Mom ushered two kiddos into the backseat, both definitely under 7 imo. No belts at all. Then she hops into the passenger seat and buckles her seatbelt.:eek:

Maybe you have a whole family that is against belts... could be a losing battle.... But care enough to buckle yourself and not your kids??
I don't get that.

I rolled down my window and just said. "You forgot to buckle the kids." She then looked at her hubbie like I was speaking alien. But atleast she hopped out and buckled the poor kids as I patiently waited to get out of my car. :whistle:

Wondering how long it takes before my "blinders" go up.

my2kidsSafe

i have a friend wo has a dd who is a year older than my dd, so she is 5 but about the same size as my peanut. My dd is just 36 lbs. I can honestly say this girl is no where near 40 lbs. She had her in a low back booster. I was in shock. I was shocked when she first put her into a turbo booster and have told her numerous times that she needs to be harnessed but she wouldn't have that. But to now have her in the backless booster. I know she has a 3-1 that has yet to expire, so i do not know why she is not using it, even as a high back. I had to bring her home today and i told the mom i refused to let her drive in a booster. Luckily DS was home with dh, so i put dd in his marathon and this girl in our regent. She loved it too. Of course i made sure to let her mom know this. Another thing money is not an issue for them which bugs me more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC