Question about installation of Tether on Britax RA

R

Ruth

Question about installation of Tether on Britax RA

I posted a longer version of this by accident on the Car Safety Forum. Anyway, my question is- when the RA is rear-facing, does the tether have to be attached to the car seat frame in front of the seat holding the RA or can it be actually tethered to the same seat that's holding the RA.

We have a Pontaic Montana-99 or 00 model (sorry, can't remember). We have captain seats in the second row behind the driver and passenger seats. We just installed the carseat behind the front passenger seat, but tethered it to the same seat. Actually, it's tethered to the frame in the floor underneath the seat (the seat can be removed). It seems extremely secure, but my cousin told me that it should not be in any way attached to the same seat. She said it should only be attached to the seat frame in front of it. My husband says there's no where to attach it there. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

ADS
U

UlrikeDG

It's probably too late to call Britax, but they could answer

this. 1-888-4-BRITAX. I know someone had called about this before, and I *THINK* the answer was, yes, you can tether there, but I'm not *positive*.

C

carseattech

Yes, you may but.....

The preferred way is to attach it to something in front of the seat it is installed on when using the Swedish method of tethering. You have less stability tethering it below/on the seat where it's installed, but it is acceptable.

HTH

Krista

C

Caviller

Versa-tether in minivans

My roundabout is rear-facing in a 2001 Honda Odyssey. It is indeed tethered to the same captain's chair that holds the carseat. It routs down, and then back to the anchor which is under the seat. I was also very concerned about this, and both called and e-mailed Britax to make sure. All responses were the same, this was a perfectly acceptable method of anchoring in the "Swedish" method. I even kept the e-mail. You should call them yourself, just to verify.

Some pictures of my installation can be found from this page:

www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

The carseat does not budge at all in any direction, even at the top of the seat. Sorry for the late response, we were on vacation ourselves:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC