Bought a True Fit today

Airforcemomma

just thought you guys might be interested in seeing how an older child would fit in this seat. Please note that this seat is not installed in the vehicle and may not be adjusted properly for the child. These photo's are simply for you to see how older kids fit.

Both kids are 7yrs old with basically the same stats.

The little boy is my son and the little girl is my girlfriends.

Both kids weigh in at 47lbs, 16-17" torso and 48" tall

Both have about 1" of harness height left.

They both said the seat is very comfy and would ride in it. Ireally think this seat is going to be some stiff competition for the EFTA.

THis seat was purchased by my insurance company to replace my EFTA that was involved in an accident earlier this month.

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

don't mind the grumpy face, he wasn't thrilled with me taking pic's of him in the seat.
DSC01466.jpg

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is it sad, that I want to go out tonight and see if I can find this seat????LMAO

What's really sad, is that I feel the need to go looking when I'm hobbling on crutches. :ROTFLMAO: AND I'd buy the one from BRU anyways because of my gift card... Really I'm just wanting to get my hands on one to play with since I still don't know for sure what I'm going to buy. (Dang Nautilus not being here yet & all, and of course the 35lb rf'ing limit makes another convertible seem like maybe it'd be worthwhile. *sigh*)

Airforcemomma - Thanks for sharing those pic's! I'll be eagerly awaiting how it installs in your van and what the adjuster is like on it ff'ing since I think our seat contouring and headrest shape is quite similar. :thumbsup:

Airforcemomma

What's really sad, is that I feel the need to go looking when I'm hobbling on crutches. :ROTFLMAO: AND I'd buy the one from BRU anyways because of my gift card... Really I'm just wanting to get my hands on one to play with since I still don't know for sure what I'm going to buy. (Dang Nautilus not being here yet & all, and of course the 35lb rf'ing limit makes another convertible seem like maybe it'd be worthwhile. *sigh*)

Airforcemomma - Thanks for sharing those pic's! I'll be eagerly awaiting how it installs in your van and what the adjuster is like on it ff'ing since I think our seat contouring and headrest shape is quite similar. :thumbsup:
I will take pics for you tomorrow. I installed it tonight but can't get the FF lock off to close once the belt is tightened. When I tightened the belt it forced it lower down in the belt path and now the lock off won't close.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I installed it tonight but can't get the FF lock off to close once the belt is tightened. When I tightened the belt it forced it lower down in the belt path and now the lock off won't close.
I think that's another thing we need to address with them, is why you need the lock offs if you've locked the seat belt!

Last edited:

thrillhouse

it looks like a really nice seat. Does anyone have a photo or a link to a photo of the underside/back of the truefit? I'm curious to see if it would be easier on our leather seats than the marathon.

snowbird25ca

I think that's another we need to address with them, is why you need the lock offs if you've locked the seat belt!

Britax has the same instructions, and all of the infant seats that come with lock-offs do too. I think it's just normal to use lock-offs if they're there because otherwise the belt isn't laying flat against the belt path.

Not sure if everyone has seen the thread or not, but the official word on rf'ing angle is 35* to 45* is acceptable. So that answers one question anyways. :thumbsup:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think that's another we need to address with them, is why you need the lock offs if you've locked the seat belt!

Simple fix is to *not* lock the seatbelt. ;)

I think they require people to use the lock-offs because so many people do not know how to lock their seatbelt and don't lock it... yes, I see this *all* the time at our checks. :rolleyes:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Simple fix is to *not* lock the seatbelt. ;)
To be honest, I trust the locked seat belt of my vehicle a lot more than I trust the lock offs on ANY child restraint. Even the Fisher-Price Safe Embrace that I had for DD1 had metal lock offs which were the best I've seen so far, and even they had the tendency to loosen.

jacks1

Just bought one today at zellers in Lethbridge. There are three left, I know we have some Lethbridge and area mommies on here so I thought I would let you know.:)

canadiangie

I agree with pp about lock-offs. Other than the SS1 lock-off which seems extremely secure, I prefer to lock the seatbelt and bypass other lock-offs altogether. Truthfully I tried once or twice to get my MA lock-offs to close, they wouldn't, so I never looked back. Locked seatbelt all the way. And I sort of have my heels dug in about this... it *probably* wouldn't matter to me if the manufacture req'd the lock-off be used. I'd still lock my belt in my vehicle. Just a comfort thing I guess. (and ya I know that a lock-off is only there to hold the belt tight until the moment of impact when the seatbelt will lock anyway... yep, I know that, but I'm still more comfy with a locked seatbelt.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I can see how the RFing lock-offs would make you want to bypass them and use the locked seatbelt, but the FFing lock-offs are fantastic (at least the old style clamp ones are ;)) and the belt never loosens with them. :)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Re: Built-in Lock-offs... For the brief period of time we had a Marathon (with the newer thumb-turn lock-offs) I wondered how easy it would be for a child sitting next to them to unlock. (My GF's 3 rowdy boys practically had my DS's tether strap undone the one time we travelled together, so I can see kids fiddling with others' carseats being a problem.) That's one reason I prefer to lock the seatbelt. Anyone else ever worried about that?

snowbird25ca

Re: Built-in Lock-offs... For the brief period of time we had a Marathon (with the newer thumb-turn lock-offs) I wondered how easy it would be for a child sitting next to them to unlock. (My GF's 3 rowdy boys practically had my DS's tether strap undone the one time we travelled together, so I can see kids fiddling with others' carseats being a problem.) That's one reason I prefer to lock the seatbelt. Anyone else ever worried about that?

The old style ff'ing lock-offs I could see that being done easily enough. The new ones, it would take some effort because they're not always that easy to close in the first place. That being said, with a MA that has the new ff'ing lock-offs, I prefer to lock the belt now because the new ones are more of a pain than they're worth.

Rf'ing MA I always use the lock-offs when installing with the seatbelt. On a personal level (read parental level,) tilting seats bother me, so I wouldn't dream of not using them with a seatbelt install unless they weren't working. If I was concerned about kids fiddling, I'd just use both lock-offs, although the bigger concern might be one of the other kids unbuckling the seatbelt if they were big on the monkey scene...

From what I've seen, the True Fit lock-offs clamp down very similarly to the SS1 lock-offs. The SS1 lock-off is awesome.

Really, I've never doubted any of the lock-offs I've used. If the belt isn't slipping when you check for movement, then it's not going anywhere, and as was mentioned, the belt locks in a collision anyways. If the lock-offs are good enough to replace a locking clip, then I have no problem with not locking a seatbelt and using the lock-offs. :thumbsup:

mommycat

The on-line store checker is showing the True Fit now. It also showed them available at my Zellers yesterday, and there were none on the actual shelf, so I am going in to push a bit harder today.... But it's on the website now, anyway.

Airforcemomma

I've only played with the lock off's long enough to try and get it closed. I am not overly impressed with the lock offs on this seat. They seem to be very cheap.

I will get a better chance to play with the seat today and will post install pic's for those interested. There are alot of things I like about the seat, but a few things I don't like. Given the choice between the EFTA and Tru Fit again I would only go with the Tru Fit because of the weight limit of 65lbs as opposed to 47 with the EFTA. But ease of use and installation is better with the EFTA IMO.

horseymom

I went and played with one at the Lethbridge zellers. I asked to take one out of the box, she was impressed when I took over and set it up LOL ds fit's awsome and dd still had about as much room as she has in her generations! I'm very impressed it seems like a very comfy seat to sleep in which is a big plus with me b/c my kids are sleepers in the truck. I really liked the deepness of the seat as well. I'm really wishing I had waited to order my MA. I would have bought the TF insted!! (I wonder if I can cancel a money order that i sent to Dearborn baby???????)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC