Bought a True Fit today

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I must love you all dearly, since I braved my yearly Zellers visit today to snap some photos of the True Fit. They are available in Lower Mainland (aka "Metro Vancouver") Zellers stores. DOM on the one I saw was March. Interesting observation--the weight limit on the outside is 5-65lbs with no mention of RF weight limit (until the manual and stickers, inside).. I suspect they had no idea what the RF weight limit was going to be until the last minute.

http://picasaweb.google.com/QuassEE/TrueFit

Enjoy :)

-Nicole.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I must love you all dearly, since I braved my yearly Zellers visit today to snap some photos of the True Fit. They are available in Lower Mainland (aka "Metro Vancouver") Zellers stores. DOM on the one I saw was March. Interesting observation--the weight limit on the outside is 5-65lbs with no mention of RF weight limit (until the manual and stickers, inside).. I suspect they had no idea what the RF weight limit was going to be until the last minute.

http://picasaweb.google.com/QuassEE/TrueFit

Enjoy :)

-Nicole.
Thank-you!

None around me yet, hopefully soon!

mom2emilyezra

We bought a True Fit on the weekend at our Zellers in Nanaimo BC. I called and the lady didn't know anything about it, but with some persistance she ended up finding out one had indeed come in.
I agree it is a more difficult install than the MA, and I am not sure how it is going to be for accessing the strap tighten/loosener as it is jammed against the seat, RF. I will let you know after we venture out today. It is installed RF in a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan outboard, and we moved the MA to the Sienna.

babychild taxi

I went to Zellers in White Rock yesterday to see if they had any in stock. There was one on the shelf in a box (I'm not sure it will fit 3 across in my car yet). Anyway, I helped a mom buy it, told why it's a better seat than the one she was going to buy: Safety 1st 3 in 1.

The salesperson says they have 2 more on order and that one shouldn't been on the shelf, but there was no where to put it. She also wouldn't let the mom open the box to see the seat saying if she didn't like it, it would be hard to sell, but if she returned it, that would ok-how interesting!

K.

snowbird25ca

The salesperson says they have 2 more on order and that one shouldn't been on the shelf, but there was no where to put it. She also wouldn't let the mom open the box to see the seat saying if she didn't like it, it would be hard to sell, but if she returned it, that would ok-how interesting!

So I wonder if that means that Zellers is hiding stock in the back in most stores waiting to officially put them on the shelf like the way walmart did the Nautilus? (or didn't do as the case was :p)

That is kind of funny how she didn't want mom opening the box. I'd think an open box would be better than a return too. :whistle: And hey, they're going to need a floor model eventually.

(I wonder what they do with all the other stuff people open boxes of? I'll admit when dd was in sposies as a newborn I was always happy when somebody else had ripped into a package to see what the generics looked like. I wouldn't have done it myself, but seeing as it was done, it definitely helped with the shopping for diapers. :eek:)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I agree it is a more difficult install than the MA, and I am not sure how it is going to be for accessing the strap tighten/loosener as it is jammed against the seat, RF. I will let you know after we venture out today. It is installed RF in a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan outboard, and we moved the MA to the Sienna.
Please do report back as I want to try this in my parents '07 Yaris Sedan.

snowbird25ca

Please do report back as I want to try this in my parents '07 Yaris Sedan.

:yeahthat:

I'm curious too because I've heard the adjuster is easier to access in vehicles with deep contouring on the sides and the Yaris has pretty significant contouring. I recall that you couldn't get the EFTA to work in it for that reason, so I would've that that there'd be no problem with accessing the adjuster in there. :confused:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:yeahthat:

I'm curious too because I've heard the adjuster is easier to access in vehicles with deep contouring on the sides and the Yaris has pretty significant contouring. I recall that you couldn't get the EFTA to work in it for that reason, so I would've that that there'd be no problem with accessing the adjuster in there. :confused:
Me too! The thing about the Yaris though, is although the side bolsters come out quite a bit, the back section between is actually very flat, if I am recalling correctly. And that might be causing the issue.

Xax

I just received an e-mail response from Zellers (I wrote them over a week ago), and they told me that Zellers will not be carrying the True Fit. Lesson learned: don't waste your time talking to Zellers.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I just received an e-mail response from Zellers (I wrote them over a week ago), and they told me that Zellers will not be carrying the True Fit. Lesson learned: don't waste your time talking to Zellers.
That is so NOT funny, that it's funny.... :eek:

Airforcemomma

Well, I just bought a Tru Fit from Zellers today. All 3 Zellers within 30 min's either way are carrying it. Only 1 store had it in stock and that was the Northumberland mall store in Cobourg Ontario. So, I drove half hour each way to get it.

Here is what it looks like.

DSC01463.jpg

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well, I just bought a Tru Fit from Zellers today. All 3 Zellers within 30 min's either way are carrying it. Only 1 store had it in stock and that was the Northumberland mall store in Cobourg Ontario. So, I drove half hour each way to get it.
Any chance you have the UPC code off of the box? or the Zellers # off of the receipt? I tried to get it off of the tag from QuassEE's photos, but once I zoom in it blurs them enough so I have to guess at a couple of the #'s. My Zellers said they can check when they are getting it *if* I have the correct #.

Airforcemomma

Any chance you have the UPC code off of the box? or the Zellers # off of the receipt? I tried to get it off of the tag from QuassEE's photos, but once I zoom in it blurs them enough so I have to guess at a couple of the #'s. My Zellers said they can check when they are getting it *if* I have the correct #.
The item # is Y11018CA

PO# 123942

Model # C630C-MMO

# on receipt is 071463110186

Hope that helps

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The item # is Y11018CA

PO# 123942

Model # C630C-MMO

# on receipt is 071463110186

Hope that helps
Thanks. I called and spoke to a different person who says that they CANNOT look up the info and see if/when something is arriving. They can only use their scanners to see if something is currently in stock and apparently that is even not reliable.

So, I asked to be transferred to the baby section, and asked, "can you tell if you have received the First Years True Fit car seat?", and she says, "you're looking for a car seat for a baby in their first year?". ARGH!!!

Airforcemomma

LOL.....that's funny. Frustrating for you.

There are 3 more in boxes at the store I bought this one from....if anyone really wants/needs it now I can buy it for you and ship it to you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC