Question about having name posted on tech list.

Mom to a few

When people do a tech search, I want my name and an e-mail address to be listed, but not my home address, phone number, etc. Is that possible??

I don't like not being listed at all because I'm afraid that people will think that maybe I'm not really certified, or want to get in touch with me later on, but not be able to find a way to contact me.

However, I don't want ALL my personal info on the web. So is there a way to only post "some" information? I couldn't really tell for sure when I was checking Safekids. Thanks for any info!

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Yes, there's a way to do that. I don't remember exactly where those settings are on the SafeKids site, but I don't think it's too hard to do - after all, I figured it out!

I only have my name, city and e-mail address listed. I don't do private seat checks, only seat check events, so there's no need for someone to be able to contact me directly. I could handle e-mail but I've actually never gotten an e-mail from a parent who found my via the SafeKids site.

Mom to a few

Thanks! I mainly just want my name there for verification if anyone ever feels like they want to check. Thanks for letting me know its possible:thumbsup:

Wineaux

I actually created a "child" email account with my ISP just for the SAFEkids website, and all my other CPST related activites. Your ISP should allow you to have quite a few extra email accounts. For instance, that will be what's on my CPST "business card". Just another little added layer of security and all, plus a way to sort out any important CPST emails sent to me so I don't ever miss anything.
;)

Mom to a few

I actually created a "child" email account with my ISP just for the SAFEkids website, and all my other CPST related activites. Your ISP should allow you to have quite a few extra email accounts. For instance, that will be what's on my CPST "business card". Just another little added layer of security and all, plus a way to sort out any important CPST emails sent to me so I don't ever miss anything.
;)

Right now I just have my name posted, but I'll figure out how to make an extra e-mail account this weekend too. Thanks for the suggestion :)!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
There are 2 options on posting your info. You have the private contact info that SK needs for thier records and then you have the Public information. I only have my cell and alternate email with the city I live in on my Public profile.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I have a cell phone and an email primarily for CPST stuff, and those are the only things I have listed on the Safe Kids site - basically nothing that can be connected to my home info.

I would also recommend, for additional safety, that your new CPST email be nondescript (ie. your name@whatever) as opposed to momtoafew@whatever, because it wouldn't take much to search you out from this board. :D

Wineaux

Yep, mine is absolutely nothing like my screen name on this board for two reasons. One for the security aspects, and two because I may have some opinions here that I don't want connected to my public CPST profile. Here, I can have opinions about specific seats and brands, and can question things (Depending upon the forum I am in here btw.). When I'm in public with my CPST hat on, then I'm pretty darned by-the-book.
;)

Mom to a few

Thanks for all the tips!! I have vastly different screen names for every site where I'm a member. I'm always amazed at the people who have the same names, pictures, etc. on multiple sites. I guess I've always been a little more paranoid than that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC