Ryan figured out a trick to unbuckle his Nauti!

TerisBoys

Thankfully, while we were parked. (Darn escape artist kidling anyway).

Apparently, if he loosens his harness, it releases enough tension on the buckle that he can depress the red button. If it's properly tightened he cannot.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the 'tough' buckle wasn't so tough once an inquisitive 5.5yo put his mind to it.

*sigh* I bought the Nauti to keep him properly restrained in the van. Going to have to watch him like a hawk now!

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
This is why Mikkel got switched from the Marathon to the Radian... he figured out how to loosen his harness... he still can't undo the buckle, but the harness is loose enough he could crawl out if he wanted.

We have the old Marathon cover with the flap that is velcroed instead of sewn, so it's easy to reach the adjuster... even with a properly tightened harness.

The Radian is just out of his reach, so he can't loosen that harness. :evil grin:

NOAHSMOM

My son just learned how to unbuckle and buckle his GN last week-he is very proud. He could never do/undo his FPSVD buckle:shrug-shoulders: I think he is safety conscience enough to be trusted to stay buckled when I am driving.

mamaofthree

I actually think the GN is very easy to buckle/unbuckle. My dd is older, 6.5, but she gets in and out of that seat so fast and easy!! I happen to love it. She was always having trouble in her booster between the twisted seatbelt and trying to find the buckle on the side. She sits properly and understands not to mess with it while driving of course. The ease of use wouldn't be so great if you have an escape artist.

Kimberly

TerisBoys

Oh trust me - I love the ease of use.

But I liked the 'stiff' buckle to keep him in there :)

He can buckle himself in too if he loosens his harness - loosen, buckle, then pester Mom or Josh to tighten.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC