News Got the Frontier today!

ZephyrBlue

I wasn't expecting it until next week! We got the Red, and it's really nice. I haven't installed it yet- DOM is 05/06/08. It's smaller, footprint-wise, than I thought it would be; much more compact than the Nauti. Pictures of my 3yo, 5yo and 8yo will follow tomorrow- the camera battery is dead. The manual does come with the LBP and SBP instructions; they're pretty clear and the visual is good, IMO

Okay, I unplugged the camera and got these- the light sucks, but the battery wasn't strong enough to re-take them.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/balessingo/austinfrontier.jpg
3yo DS, not sure of height, he's 28lbs

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/balessingo/lexifrontier.jpg
5yo DD, she's 31lbs, 40# tall (not sure of torso height)

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/balessingo/kaykayfrontier.jpg
8yo DD, 46lbs, 47.5" tall (not sure of torso height)

Way more shoulder room than the Nautilus for all of them and the crotch buckle depth is GREAT- my 8yo is basically sitting on the buckle stalk in the Nauti- in the furthest position of the Frontier, it doesn't even touch her. I'm super impressed with that. She's got maybe 1.5-2" until her shoulders are even with the top slots.

Last edited:
ADS

ZephyrBlue

I need to pull the Nauti out of the van and set them side by side, but from just looking at the Frontier, I'd say that the footprint is smaller. Maybe it's just the ergonomics of the seat, though.

Can I say that I think I like the True Fit better right now? :eek: The TF just fits my 3yo and 5yo SO well. They both fit well in the Frontier, too, but the TF kind of cradles their bodies.

Not sure if I'm going to keep the Frontier. Hmmm.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I think it's the arm rest on the GN that makes it seem bigger width wise then the Frontier. The GN puzzled a lot better next to a Regent then the Frontier did.

I will say the Frontier on the lowest setting is shorter then the GN (not sure if the bottom slots are the same). Just the compactness of the Frontier is tighter height wise.

Both girls only had 1 more notch on the Frontier.

mamabear

I have an off the wall request.

Can you go look at the buckle tongues?
I'm wondering since your DOM is a month newer than mine if they fixed the problem I'm having with the straps twisting around where they thread through the buckle tongue.
If yours are black with silver metal where the webbing goes through then they probably are the same as mine....

Better yet...could you get an up close picture???

the strap twist is driving me crazy!!!!

Keep us posted on if you have issues?...........

Auntie2Avi

Do you have any SBS pics of the GN and Frontier? I am trying to tell how much room Avi would have left with the Frontier if he is on the 2nd slots from the top of the GN with very little room to grow before he needs to be moved up.

Thanks!

Tara

oh good...just the thread I need :)

anxiously awaiting SBS comparisons

and I gotta say...cute models ;)

lemurmommies

Oooh, I'm very interested in SBS pictures too. For the moment neither seat is available in Canada, but I have hopes that both will be by next summer, when I'll be needing them. DS is already in the top slots of his Marathon, FF at 18 months.

April

Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe that my 21 month old DS weighs more than your 5yo though!:eek: (Thats why we call him chub-a-lubs)

I really really like that Red Frontier. Super jealous that we aren't getting that colour in Canada. Or at least I don't have enough patience to wait for the Red Rock before I get one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, love your Mint Julep Packabe (it's a Packabe, isn't it?) :D

Anyway, missed this thread last week, awesome models, makes me wonder if my 8 yo would still fit in the FR...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC