Vent Not liking my BJMD so much anymore.

arly1983

And I thought it was the PERFECT stroller.

Lately it has been alot harder to push but I didn't put two and two together until I went to take pictures of the fraying on the skins. I am losing the tread on the wheels.

I have only had it 8 weeks and at most used it about twice-thrice a week.

I was going to call BJ CS monday anyway because the fraying was looking pretty bad (becoming a hole) but now i am wondering if I need to bring up the wheels gently or make then the focus of the conversation?

Now I am really bummed. :(

Oh, crap, I really wished I would have kept the BJCSD now.

Picture564.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Picture566.jpg

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Well... I can tell you from experience that their CS is *fantastic* and it shouldn't be a problem to come to a resolution. Sorry, it's not working out for you. :eek:

arly1983

Well... I can tell you from experience that their CS is *fantastic* and it shouldn't be a problem to come to a resolution. Sorry, it's not working out for you. :eek:

That makes me feel a little better. I always hate calling and complaining about a product.

When did you deal with them?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think it would have been sometime between November - January... I really can't remember now. :eek:

I had the BJCSD and the seam ripped in the middle of the stroller (right where it folds in half with the elastic part). I called them and they sent me out a brand new complete set of skins within a week, no questions asked. :)

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I agree BJ's customer service is INCREDIBLE! I had a BJCSS and there were a few problems with it when I first bought it and they took care of it, no questions asked:D.

MySillyKids

My fraying is getting bad too. I should really get on it.

My wheels are doing the same, but i've had mine since January.

I HARDLY use it however :whistle: lets not tell DH.. :whistle:

arly1983

I agree BJ's customer service is INCREDIBLE! I had a BJCSS and there were a few problems with it when I first bought it and they took care of it, no questions asked:D.

Another vote for great cs!:thumbsup:

My fraying is getting bad too. I should really get on it.

My wheels are doing the same, but i've had mine since January.

I HARDLY use it however :whistle: lets not tell DH.. :whistle:

That is SUCH a big relief. I am so glad I am not the only one with this problem. :love:

arly1983

YAY! BJ CS ROCKS!

I am getting new wheels and new skins and the CS Rep was downright thrilled to help me.

Love, Love, Love Baby Jogger CS!!

However, I am concerned about the longterm durability of the BJMD now.

Maximum capacity is listed as 100 lbs but I honestly don't think I could push 100 lbs in this. Right now both kids combined weigh 70 lbs and its a bear.

Anyway, if I do decide not to keep the BJMD, I will definitely be buying another BJ. The CS is awesome and I am addicted their patented one-step fold.

lovinwaves

That's great to hear, Arly! I'm so glad your issue was easily resolved. :thumbsup:

When I was selling strollers, the #1 reason I pushed the Baby Jogger brand on people was because of their wonderful customer service.

Interesting about the wheels. I am going to check mine. My skins are starting to fray as well near the front wheels :thumbsdown: My front left wheel has never touched the ground from day one either LOL. I never noticed it until one day, Peyton was walking beside me and said, "what's wrong with that wheel, Mom?"

Remember, even though this stroller is built on virtually the same frame as the parent stroller the "City Series", issues and quirks are almost a guarantee when a new product comes out.

I would NOT hesitate to purchase a BJ, Jamie. They are a reputable company with a high standard of quality, and will stand by their products if a problem arises. :)

pastrygirl

My mini single had that fraying issue by the front wheel, after only a few weeks. I called BJ and they sent me a new skin. The new skin isn't taut in that spot the way the old one was, so I haven't had that problem again.

CS was excellent! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC