yet another car accident for me!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Yes, i got in another car accident today. Thankfully i wasnt driving and me and teh twins are doing great (they even found baby a's sex!)

OSIL decided after 2 days of FFing, her baby was going to drive her nuts. So she and i turned his marathon back RFing this morning and installed YSIL's DC FFing next to it (wow its way easier than any seat i've ever used!) We picked up YSIL and decided to take them to the zoo (it was warm this morning) but as we drove the weather turned wet and the it started to sleet so we turned around. The road was sort of slick (wet not icy), some moron who thought it was a good idea to cut someone off in the middle of this awful weather but misjudged the distance and hit OSIL's SUV in the front fender. He hit her hard enough we got pushed into the guard rail and both airbags went off.

It was all very scary and very cold (no coats, pouring rain, and a totaled vehicle.) Thankfully YSIL only has marks on her shoulders from the harness and she says her hips hurt but the doctors dont see why. DN is fine, he was all smiles and giggles for the cops. He had no marks or signs of any pain. OSIL is ok to her leg is banged up and her neck hurts but she says she'll be ok and nothing is broken. I'm fine. Better than fine. Both babies are active and their hearts sound just fine no signs of stress or problems and get this i'm going to have a baby......

GIRL!!!! I cant believe it. I'm so excited all i've wanted was a baby girl all my life and now in just a few months i'm going to have at least one. Baby B is a bit smaller and seems to be a goody toe shoes who refused to uncross her/his legs. :p Its also undetermined if they are identical or fraternal. Imagine it, two identical little girls. wow.

Oh, and yes both seats will be replaced ASAP. We used them to take both kids home as its all we had but we're buying them matching marathons from target in the morning.

ADS

scatterbunny

OMG, how scary! :( Glad everyone is okay!

I was under the impression that a baby's sex cannot be determined until about 18 weeks--I guess it's been awhile since I was pregnant, LOL!

U

Unregistered

remember britax has a form you can fill out to get a free replacement under certain crash circumstances. Dont know if youd qualify because I havent read it all, but you can find it on their site under the customer service questions or something.

U

Unregistered

ugh! sorry about that DS jumped on me and I totally forgot to say I am glad everyone is ok!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
yeah i was expecting to wait 2 more weeks before i could even hope to find out but they used one of those 3-d ultrasounds and the lady claimed to be absolutely positive but the second baby seems to want to make me wait.

I doubt britax would replace the seats. I think both seats would pass the used seat test but neither of use want to take the risk that they'd malfunction next time. The police ruled it 100% the other guys fault which means his insurance has to pay for thier replacement. I called already and the lady i spoke with didnt even question me. She just said to send receipts of what we paid for them when we bought them and we'd get a check. thankfully we both hung on to the receipts so we're both set and we didnt want to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for replacement so we're going to pick up the green marathons at target and when the check comes we'll just put it in the bank. Green is my fav color so i think i'll get one for SIL for now and buy her a more girly marathon and get a second green one for one of the twins (we are going to end up with at least *gulp* 6 marathons total! All in all i think i'm going to be buying a total of 10 seats for 3 kids by this summer! Its nuts!)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I was beginning to think i would never successfully have a bay. I've had several m/c's and my only other pregnancy that made it thru the 1sy trimester ended in preterm labor that caused one baby to be stillborn and the other to die shortly after. To top it off i have a severely tipped uterus that does not completely empty of menstrual fluid so i have endometriosis and scar tissue from an attack that happened to me when i was very young.

My twins look more and more like miracles everyday! I go to my usual OBGYN tomorrow maybe i'll find out baby b's sex then. I really do want 2 girls identical or not i think it would be great fun to have 2 baby girls (and it would keep DF's family from picking one baby over another as they really want a boy to carry on the family name.) I want a boy eventually but i dont know i think it would be easier to buy all pink stuff now rather than trying to keep boys and girls clothes separated. Either way, i got my girl. I'm happy. :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
So glad to hear you're all OK!!! & congrats on baby girl coming :)

P.S. Jenny, have you heard of the new 3D/4D ultrasounds? You can click this picture to visit the webiste:Pretty cool, but I think I actually wouldn't want one -- I love the SURPRISE after birth :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC