My new Radian

cpsaddict

So, I got my new Radian yesterday and have finally had a chance to install it and play with it. I like it. I don't love it yet, but it's nice. It installs like a dream in my Escape. I used LATCH and tethered it to the front seat track. My Comfy Soft came (thanks Solmama!) and the seat is very nice and plush with it in. The straps are thinner than I thought they would be, but they are fine and they have the velcro, so it should be fine. I CANNOT believe how low the bottom harness slots are and the crotch strap is super close, too. I am going to try my 4 week old nephew in it. He is about 9ish lbs and 21" long. I am not super fond of how hard it is to tighten the harness, but I am assuming this might get better.
It is amazing for three across. My friend has a Dodge Calibur and we got a MA rf pass OB, Radian rf center and the Keyfit30 drivers OB. Snug, but doable.
It's very heavy and it sorta bugs me that it doesn't stand up on it's own, but I guess I can't have everything my way. I love that it folds, because it won't be in use all the time here. I can store it under a bed and not have it taking my room in a closet. Setting it up was a bit challenging, but overall not terrible.
My only question is the storage of the SafeStop. When rf in the center of my car, the seat is pretty reclined. I can reach back and touch the SafeStop. I wonder if this would be dangerous in a crash. It just hangs there and would wack me right in the head in a crash. That's the other thing. I :love: all the storage areas.
Now when I drive around I want someone to notice the fancy car seat in my car. Of course, no one understands my happiness at a new seat.
I will take some pics this weekend of some three across.

ADS

BW1426

I know YOU understand! :p I want other people to notice how cool I am with my neato Radian! LOL!:D

I have yet to see a Radian installed in someone's car besides my own. I would be so excited and definately pick up on how cool you are ;) if I walked past your car. I'm feeling your happiness. The love for the Radian grows with time and use. I loved mine even more after switching out the chestclip:thumbsup:

cpsaddict

I have yet to see a Radian installed in someone's car besides my own. I would be so excited and definately pick up on how cool you are ;) if I walked past your car. I'm feeling your happiness. The love for the Radian grows with time and use. I loved mine even more after switching out the chestclip:thumbsup:

The chest clip! I so have to switch it out. I hate that thing, but the Britax ones are $11 shipped. Holy shnikes! I am really thinking I will love it more and more as I use it. Thanks for understanding! I feel really cool now!

BW1426

The chest clip! I so have to switch it out. I hate that thing, but the Britax ones are $11 shipped. Holy shnikes! I am really thinking I will love it more and more as I use it. Thanks for understanding! I feel really cool now!

I went back and forth about the $11 for the chest clip, but seriously, $11 well spent :thumbsup: The kids were getting welts on there necks because of that stupid chest clip. I don't know what SKJP was thinking :doh:

cpsaddict

I went back and forth about the $11 for the chest clip, but seriously, $11 well spent :thumbsup: The kids were getting welts on there necks because of that stupid chest clip. I don't know what SKJP was thinking :doh:

Hmm, I might just have to suck it up and do it. :whistle: I looked closely at it and I have no idea WHY they thought it would be a good idea.

BW1426

Judi,

I've been pondering and pondering and I just can't figure it out. What are the seats in you siggi on the driver outboard sides?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Combi Connection infant seats. The one in the back seat is installed without the base.

scatterbunny

Congrats! Isn't it fun to play with a new seat? I drained the battery in my Windstar today playing with the Regent, with the doors open. :whistle:

cpsaddict

Congrats! Isn't it fun to play with a new seat? I drained the battery in my Windstar today playing with the Regent, with the doors open. :whistle:

Yes! Then I just like to look at it and pet it. I haven't had one in a long time, either, so this one is way fun. I nearly screamed in delight when I saw the box yesterday. My parents thought I was cuckoo with a side of whoowho when they saw how excited I was.

scatterbunny

Haha! I totally know how you feel. When the notice came yesterday in the mail saying something came and was taken back to the post office for dh, I assumed it was something else he ordered, so I wasn't in a hurry to get to the post office. :p The tracking info for the Regent, yesterday, said it hadn't even shipped yet. :rolleyes: But obviously it was wrong, because they tried to deliver it yesterday. So when I checked the tracking today it said they tried to deliver it on May 21st, and I rushed straight down there. :D

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmm, I might just have to suck it up and do it. :whistle: I looked closely at it and I have no idea WHY they thought it would be a good idea.

FWIW, it doesn't bother all kids. My dd is temporarily back in the Radian (loaned my MA to the instructor for updates,) and the chest clip isn't a problem on her at all. It was never a problem when ds used it rf'ing or when she was using it as her primary seat the first half the winter either. :shrug-shoulders:

Hurray for your new seat and 3 across fun. :D

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Did anyone answer your question about the SafeStop? I scrolled through but didn't see...

I tucked mine under the cover. :D

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Oh no! My van is specifically designed for installing car seats--the dome lights are on a timer and go off after a couple minutes of the door being open :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC