Well I bought a Frontier today...

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Well call me nuts b/c I think my dh is ready to send me to the padded cell in a straight jacket. I bought the GN last week and while it fits in dh truck (crewcab silverado) in the center position (lapbelt only) and puzzles next to a Regent. I am just not sure I am happy with the install. It's a PITA and while I get an acceptable install (just less then 1"). I am just not comfortable with that much movement esp with my child. I can not begin to explain how stupidly long his belt stalks are. To be honest to get a solid install I had to twist the belt stalk 6 full twists (I didn't leave it that way).

Today I went by Lone Star Baby (formally USA Baby here) and bought a Rushmore Frontier to try. I figured with the weird low belt path being low that it just might work and I can get the belt stalk into the belt path which should help the install.

I will let you know when dh gets home how it installs. I just hope it puzzles next to the Regent. If this doesn't work I am getting a 86Y and using it with our PW.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Happy installing. Weren't you the lucky one who won a Frontier at Lifesavers? :)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Happy installing. Weren't you the lucky one who won a Frontier at Lifesavers? :)

Our chapter won one but it's still not here yet. Sarah said they will be shipping the winners their seats at the end of the month. Unfortunately I can't keep it for personal use as it will be passed between our chapter & our sister coalition to use for our new tech classes.

I can't hang on to the GN for 2-3wks for the demo Frontier to get here to test it out. So, I just bit the bullet and bought one. If it doesn't work it goes back.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Well it's going back! I couldn't get it to install at all. None of the standard tricks worked at all. To bad as it is a nice seat. Now if I could install via long belt path with a lapbelt only it installed like a dream. The Nautilus is back in and this time I was able to get a tighter install. It's still not rock solid like I would like but it only move about 1/4th of an inch.

Also K2 perferred the Nautilus over the Frontier. She didn't like how the head rest pushed her head forward and it sat more upright (I was using the recline foot forward). Hey I am okay with saving $150.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC