'neck savers' ad

ADS

Shaunam

:eek: That's pretty bad!

It is something I would consider buying for DD though, for occasional use. Just gotta check with the PT first...and hope it actually does what it's supposed to. LOL

ETA: Not in her car seat though! Her diplomat does a fine job at supporting her head. Just wanted to clarify. LOL

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't think that it would be safe to put behind baby's neck--it would force their head forward/down, thus risking closing off their air way....MAYBE if you use it backwards though.

Susan

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was thinking the same thing, Susan. I MIGHT use this backwards (like the teeny-tiny Boppy pillows that were out a few years ago).

HEVY

It's actually supposed to be used backwards. Well they are using it backwards and frontwards is the other way around. :scratcheshead:
Seriously though they are using it wrong.

Kat_Momof3

I think the main problem is that using it in that direction makes the straps have to be looser... if they use it with the opening at the back, the head would be further back.

it's a great idea for head floppers, but only if you use it without interfering with straps.

And omg... those belly clips drive me nuts.

Morganthe

Did you know that a baby spends more than 6 hours every day sitting in the stroller, swing, high chair, and car seat combined? During much of that time, your baby is asleep with his head slumped over his shoulders, leading to sore neck muscles.

"more than 6 hours" "much of that time asleep"

Where the heck is this person getting their statistics :scratcheshead:

DD NEVER slept in her high chair. :rolleyes:

Just checked infant/baby photos of her in a bouncer & her swing -- nope, never slumped once. Can anyone tell me if her head was crocked over in the thumbnail? Personally, I don't think so. She was leaning on the sides, just as she does now in a larger version ;)

As for 6 hours a day? Perhaps once or twice when there were journeys involved... but most of the time, she was up and alert in my arms. :p

Stupid product for worry warts :p

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have to admit, I have been thinking about getting something like this for DD1. She has the WORST head slump in the Radian.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I think the main problem is that using it in that direction makes the straps have to be looser... if they use it with the opening at the back, the head would be further back.

it's a great idea for head floppers, but only if you use it without interfering with straps.

And omg... those belly clips drive me nuts.

How many babies would actually 'keep' that on or 'allow' it to be used? - Especially if it is used the "correct" way - with the opening in the back.

The problem I've seen most is the head slumping forward (head bobbing) when sleeping. I don't see how that little thing behind & on the sides would help the problem.

Shaunam

How many babies would actually 'keep' that on or 'allow' it to be used? - Especially if it is used the "correct" way - with the opening in the back.

The problem I've seen most is the head slumping forward (head bobbing) when sleeping. I don't see how that little thing behind & on the sides would help the problem.

Not many probably. But I imagine a lot of people would buy it if they fear their kid will get a stiff neck. I think it would be helpful for SN kids, but as soon as the company figures that out, they can slap a SN label on it and jack up the price 300%! So shhh, don't tell! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC