Partition in station wagon?

sophiesmum

We have a 2001 Volvo V70 handed down from our inlaws (thank you in laws!). I have just realized that we really need whatever that thing is that partitions the cargo area from the passenger area. All this reading about projectiles got me thinking about groceries!! Please don't think I'm an idiot but I had just never thought of it. What is it called? My father in law is pretty good with cars and we both sat at the computer googling terms and didn't know what we were looking for and never found the appropriate part. And if anyone could tell me how much one might cost I would really appreciate it.

ADS

twokidstwodogs

They're usually called "cargo barriers" or something of that sort. You'd want a permanently mounted one, made by Volvo. Any Volvo dealer should be able to set you up with one. I'm not sure about prices, but I'd expect to pay a few hundred $$s. Also, check to make sure that the barrier is compatible with top tethers; not all of them are.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Right, pressure-mounted barriers are likely to become projectiles themselves during a crash ... some designs may splinter/shatter apart :( If a Volvo dealership cannot install one specifically designed for your vehicle, you could try http://loadbarrier.com/index.htm (they make or made [:confused:] the barriers for police cars)

etoilech

We have a 2001 Volvo V70 handed down from our inlaws (thank you in laws!). I have just realized that we really need whatever that thing is that partitions the cargo area from the passenger area. All this reading about projectiles got me thinking about groceries!! Please don't think I'm an idiot but I had just never thought of it. What is it called? My father in law is pretty good with cars and we both sat at the computer googling terms and didn't know what we were looking for and never found the appropriate part. And if anyone could tell me how much one might cost I would really appreciate it.

The Volvo V70 usually has this built in to the back of the seat. It's a net and it has a rod that extends across and hooks into the ceiling. It is not obvious unless you look. Maybe 2001 doesn't have it but, it's worth climbing in and taking a look.

I looked it up it should have one. You have to lift up a part on the back seat and pull it out... extend the rod and fully attach the net and lock it in place.

sophiesmum

Thanks everyone...I hadn't checked the thread in a while because I didn't get any initial responses. My husband did find the heavy duty netting the other day but I thought maybe that wasn't sufficient for heavy things? I was thinking maybe it was meant for pets -- it just didn't seem very sturdy. We are using it for now though. We have been moving and things so I am planning to crack down on the issue now. Thanks for the advice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC