Question about 2 different kind of lock offs on Marathons

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hmmm, Piper's 2004 has the same in that picture. 2006? I know I was checking seats when they happened, so it must have been mid 2006 they made the switch.

Wendy

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
My Marathon (DOM 2006) has the same FF lockoffs that are pictured in teh link you posted. However, my friend's Roundabout has different FF lockoffs. He daughter is only a few months younger than mine, so she probably bought her Roundabout about the same time that I bought my Marathon. Do you and your friend both have Marathons?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Do you mean your MA has lock-offs like the ones in the link you posted, or your friend's did?

My '02 MA has different (and better, IMO) lock-offs. Here's a pic:

IMG_1817.jpg

I seem to recall the RA had different lock-offs as well.

4boysmom

They look like they are the same type to me just different colors... I know the RA has/had chip clip style lock offs that were black as well but this looks like the same style as the red ones to me...

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
They look like they are the same type to me just different colors... I know the RA has/had chip clip style lock offs that were black as well but this looks like the same style as the red ones to me...

Yeah, mine are only slightly different than the ones in the picture - looks like they face the other direction? The newer ones have a "knob" that cinches down only on the center of the belt, and when I posted I'd thought that's what was in the link since they were black. With mine, the entire width of the seat belt webbing is clamped at the top of the red lock-off, and the knob at the bottom just clamps that whole piece shut.

The newer ones were what I meant when I said I liked mine better. I don't think they work as well, and I know Britax says they won't permanently damage seat belts, but I've seen it happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC