Ok, help me with this set up!

105 pounds 6 year old-WHAT TO DO?? HELP!

I have 2 boys 4 times a month(i have asked about them here before).

We are going to be going to the water park alot this summer and I have swimming lessons I have to drive my son to while I have them.

The good thing is... I won't have any of my other daycare kids when I have them! :) (they are here from 4-7:30pm)

So...the 2 1/2 year old(3 in august) is 58 pounds(the kid keeps gaining) and the almost 7 year old(end of May) is 105 pounds(keeps gaining).....

So...this is the set up I am thinking......

*Pray the 2 1/2 year old doesn't reach 65 pounds this summer(GOd, I hope not)....

*My 5 1/2 year old son in a HBB(FPSV or Graco HBB)
*My 3 year old RF in the FPSVD
*THe 2 1/2 year old in my son's radian65(it is a tight fit though since he is so wide, but it works)
*The 7 year old(turns 7 the end of this month)--- in a cosco LBB or Graco LBB(is it ok for him to be in it even though he is over 105 pounds).
(These seats are tight fit for him because of his bottom!

Oh and I have no money to buy any more seats....mom won't buy a seat as she thinks her kids are fine in nothing in the front seat(the 6 year old) and the 2 1/2 year old in a scenera with a seatbelt over it (even, though I am trying to persuade her into the regent-she doesn't see spending almost 300.00).

You think this is ok? The drive is a 5 minute drive tops, but down 55 miles mph road where the accident rate is HIGH!

Last edited:
ADS

4boysmom

Gosh... do these kids have medical issues that are causing this weight gain (or do they need to be seen for say thyroid issues) or is it just a diet thing? I can't imagine a 7 yo my size or a 2 yo my oldest sons... it just seems like a car seat nightmare! My friend had a 40 pound 1yo on breast milk alone but his rapid weight gain I think stopped and he is just stocky... I can't imagine a 100 pound not yet 7 yo. To answer your specific question the "7" yo can't be in a booster if he's maxxed it ouit in weight.

Nope, I think it is diet. Mom is skinny, dad is skinny. They say the kids have never touched a vegetable before they came to my house. The kids are picky eaters as well(you would never guess), but all they eat is junk. The 2 year old asks for cookies all evening! UghHHH!!!

abacus2

I think your plan sounds reasonable. Can you not convince the mom to at least use a BPB for the 2.5 yr old? Not good I know, but better than a seatbelt over the Scenera!

4boysmom

maybe repost with a different title to get the attention of a tech, something like "105+ pound 6 year old, what to do???" because as far as I know he's maxxed out all available seats. Of course this might be way they are staying away ;) they can't reccomend you put him in something he's maxed out but surely he doesn't fit without a bpb of some sort.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Do you know anyone that can loan you a Britax booster? They have no upper weight limit. FTM, the Fisher Price booster is a Britax knock-off. Call and see what they have to say about their upper weight limit.

If it were me, I'd use the booster over the weight limit. Even a seat used (otherwise properly) over the limit is better than no seat at all.

emandbri

If the turbo is tight on him I don't think the fisher price seat would be any better. Your best bet would be a cosco prospect but they are hard to find, a combi dakota, or if you spend more a sunshine kids monterey.

My oldest has been in boosters past the weight limits for a while now. It is much more important to keep a child safe then to go by some arbitrary weight limit.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'd try to get the 2yo in a HBB. (I'm cringing typing those words, but it's better than his current seat.)

I too would be ok using a booster past the limits in this situation.

I feel for you--my nephew was 100 pounds before his 5th birthday and has been in a booster since 18 mos when he hit 40lbs (well before I knew anything about car seats). :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC