News Evenflo with 40 lb. RF?!

toothfairymama

I *just* heard that Evenflo may be coming out with a seat that can RF to 40 pounds! That is all I've heard, I know nothing more. Has anyone else heard this?

ADS
WOW! I have heard nothing-but, I never hear things first!
That would be sweet! Wonder how many recalls will be on it :whistle:
(I have to say though that I love the evenflo chase and like the looks of the triumph advance)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Haven't heard that. And just called Evenflo to see if their cs reps knew anything and the one I talked to hadn't heard of that either. That doesn't mean it's not true...just means they haven't been told.

Mommy2Marcus

Now that would be GREAT! I am hoping that Marcus can make 2 1/2 RF with our 33 & 35lb seats! A 40lb RF seat would be great for those kids that hit 35 before 2!

Mama!

I find it highly doubtful, but would love to be suprised.:twocents:

Yeah. Even more doubtful that they would signifigantly raise shell height/harness strap height to accomodate the average 40 lb kid. :whistle:

If they made it, I'd buy it.:eek: IF he fit. :whistle:

myliljunebugs

The EFTA would easily fit most kids to 40lbs RF by height. My dd has tons of shell left above her head but has to FF because of her weight :(

solmama

Oddly enough, I talked to one of the Evenflo higher up folks 6-8 weeks ago regarding some issues with our EFTA. I joked with her about how nice it would be to have a seat with a 40lb rf limit...If it happens, I'm sure I was the inspiration:). Ha.

christineka

I looked at the power point presentations from the lifesavers conference. One of the new things coming out was the rear-facing limit on 1 of the seats would be upped to 35 pounds. The improved seats should be out in June.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I looked at the power point presentations from the lifesavers conference. One of the new things coming out was the rear-facing limit on 1 of the seats would be upped to 35 pounds. The improved seats should be out in June.

That's kind of weird since 2 of their seats have been going to 35 pounds since last year... :confused:

christineka

I think I was confused. I looked again. The titan already has a 35 pound rear-facing limit right? Mine is a bit old and only goes to 30 pounds. Anyway, saw that they have tether extenders available. That's is great since the tribute's doesn't reach the floor of the van where the anchors are.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC