Good tandem stroller? or Joovy Caboose?

adamsmommy

I currently have a Graco Quattro duo. I do like almost everything about it. It is just to heavy to push around my subdivision. Ds is 43 lbs. He only uses it at the zoo, mall sometimes, or for walks if I am by myself.

I wanted the BJCM double, but he just does not sit in it enough plus I want a tandem because I think a side by side would be too hard to move through a store. So, i am thinking a BJCM single, cause I have wanted one forever:p, and some other tandem. Maybe even a Joovy Caboose. I just worry he will get mad if he cannot see in the back.

ADS

Melanie

I'd recommend trying out the Joovy Caboose with both of your kids before you buy it. It's heavy to push. I have the original so the Ultralight may be better. I'm not in love with mine...I actually went from a Caboose to a Quatro duo. I use it for shopping and a Schwinn jogger for walking.

canadiangie

The key when buying a side by side is to make sure it's no wider than 29 inches. That's the standard width of a wheelchair and assuming most places accomodate a wheel chair (they should, there are laws about this, right?) then you'll fit too. I have a Maclaren side by side (Rally Twin) and I have yet to find a situation where I can't fit. Seriously, I fit everywhere, no problem. I was skeptical too. I have an e3 that I adore, but I wanted something to keep in my vehicle for in and out trips. All of the tandems on the market are just too heavy/bulky IMO, and the e3 provides all the "alterrain-ness" I need. So the Mac was sort of a *give it a shot* purchase and I couldn't be happier. :)

When you're browsing online be sure to take note of the dimensions of whatever stroller you're considering. Again, the key is 29" wide.

You mentioned that a side by side might be too hard to manouver through a store. It's actually the opposite (providing your width is 29" of course). See the turning radius on a side by side is so much smaller than with a tandem. I can literally turn on a dime.

And my girls love being able to see equally if that makes sense, and I love that I can stop and feed them (even change their bums) with them both front and centre.

Ya, I :love::love::love: my Mac side by side... wouldn't be without it at this point. :D

not sure if that's helpful to you, but there it is...

canadiangie

Sorry OP, I see you need something for outside... duh :eek:

Okay, well the same width rule applies then. 29" is key.

Look at the BOB Revolution Duallie, the Mountain Buggy Urban Double, the Valco Trimode double. All are 29" wide and will more than exceed your alterrain needs of outside walking. Yes, they are pricy, but very much a do-all stroller. Inside, outside, snow, rain, sun, beach, mall, stores, etc.

The MBUD is probably the most compact and lightweight. It's also car seat compatible should that be something you need now or down the road. (didn't notice your siggie before I posted so don't know your family situation).

hope that helps,

Dillipop

If your 3 year old doesn't ride a lot, how about a Phil and Ted's with doubles kit. You could use it as a single and have the double seat underneath in the basket and attach it if you need it.

adamsmommy

I have seen those Phil and Teds. Who sits in the back seat? Can they still see? I really do not see me using a double for much longer, so that would be ideal. I really do not need something compatible with my bucket seat. I am about to ditch it and put her in her Radian. It is just too heavy to carry. lol

I do have a Maclaren Quest that I love so a double would be good too. I wonder how easy it is to push with a 40lber on one side and a 17lber on the other? We have sidewalks, so don't really need all terrain, but I am so in love with the BJCM. I don't want to spend that much on just a double though since ds will not sit in it much longer.

Oh, and we are done having kids, so the need for a double will end here.:)

canadiangie

Hi,

I have the P&T e3 as well (now called the Sport Buggy) and the youngest/lightest child sits in the back.

Can they still see??

Well, they can look to the side and see quite a bit, but they can't see directly in front of them.

I have an almost 2y/o and an almost 8m/o and neither seem to care where they sit (their weights are so similar either can sit in the rear with no tipping issues whatsoever... 25lbs and 17lbs give or take).

And yes, it's ideal if you're *almost* done needing a double, but not *quite* yet.

As soon as you no longer need the double capacity you simply remove the add-on seat (take 3 seconds) and use the stroller in singles mode.

Even now I sometimes ditch the add-on seat... or sometimes I use the add-on seat as a 'jump seat' for 2y/o dd to use if she's tired of walking (meaning baby is in the front and back seat is empty unless 2y/o decides she wants to sit for a few).

I really do love my e3... it was expensive, but totally worth it for my needs (2 kids under 2).

Anyway, if you google the Sport Buggy you should get a few good sites with visuals, and explanations, etc.

hth's

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC