Are there any car colors that are the safest?

a_js

As we look at trading in our car I am wondering what color is best to get (not that it is our primary consideration obviously)! But if we have choices, what should we choose or stay away from? For example, I find that when I am driving the silver/gray cars tend to blend in with the road so I would be reluctant to buy one.

Thoughts?

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure, but I do know that NO ONE EVER saw my blue Focus.. It blended in the way horizon too much I guess.. I don't know.. How I was never actually hit, I don't know.. Just good driving and watching on my part I guess... It was awful.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
You probably would be good to go with a bright yellow car!:p

But statistically I have no clue if one color is safer then another.

a_js

LOL!
I did actually find one that was neon yellow with a spoiler in the back. I'd feel like a real dork driving that, though.

brightredmtn

As we look at trading in our car I am wondering what color is best to get (not that it is our primary consideration obviously)! But if we have choices, what should we choose or stay away from? For example, I find that when I am driving the silver/gray cars tend to blend in with the road so I would be reluctant to buy one.

Thoughts?

There was actually a study a few years ago and silver cars got into the fewest accidents.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Thoughts?

I tend to find bright yellow and lime green to be the most visible. Not only are they fairly uncommon and catch your eye, but they also are brighter at night.

monstah

BW1426

I think white vehicles are terribly difficult to see if it's snowing, which is my primary concern due to my location.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC