Question about using a DVD player in the car

1Sept3Dec

Senior Community Member
Hey gals, I've got a quick question. We're going to be driving about 4 hours to visit my sister and her fiance this weekend. We've got four kids (6.5 in a parkway, 4.5 in a Regent, 17mos rf in a MA, 5mos rf in a BV) and I would like to get a dual screen DVD player.

What I'd like to do is put one screen facing the older two in the back row (I drive a Grand Caravan) and one screen facing my 1yo in the middle row. I know the concern about these is the screen either becoming a projectile or them impacting the screen in a crash.

If I put the screen in the back on the headrest in front of my 4yo, there's no way she could impact it (5pt harness wouldn't let that happen) and in my experience, they are pretty well secured to the vehicle seat. It's more the 1yo that I would be concerned about. My thinking is that she wouldn't impact the screen in a crash b/c I'm using the rf tether, so the seat wouldn't move that far towards the back of the seat.

Okay, that was a LONG explanation for me just really not wanting to listen to the *whining, crying and fighting* all the way down. ;) So, opinions? Bad idea? Me being selfish just to save my sanity?

Edited to add: If this thread fits better somewhere else, feel free to move it. I just couldn't find a good place to ask this question!

ADS

mominabigtruck

I have a disney dual dvd player that I used one ffing and one rfing when I first got it. The straps that it came with to attach it didn't really work out that well in my car so I just cut down some load straps I had around the house and it worked fine. I figure if they're safe enough to haul metal going down the road on a flatbed at 60mph then they'll hold a little dvd in my car:rolleyes:

TXAggieTech

Before DS turned around we had a RFing screen for him. Ours was bolted to the frame of the seat and we only put a seat there that could be tethered RFing.

I would just make absolutely sure that it is safely attached to the head rest.

1Sept3Dec

Senior Community Member
Thanks ladies! I think I will go ahead and get one. Dh will be mad, but I'm sure he'll appreciate it during the drive. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC