Britax prices dropping?

ebarretta

Is anyone else noticing that the Britax prices seem to have dropped? I was shopping around for a friend who wants a Britax and noticed several places have marked down Britax, some a percentage some just a marked down price.

So I called a few places and learned something interesting. The prices are apparently going UP on June 1st, and any future sales will ALSO have set pricing!!! Which means this is the last hurrah for lower Britax pricing!:eek:

As of this post, BabyCatalog.com seems to be one of the lowest- all colors, not just closeouts: I saw the Marathon at $219 and the Boulevard at $249 among others!

- Elizabeth

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
What you're seeing as marked down are discontinued covers or seats manufactured last year. Britax has ALWAYS had fixed pricing.

And yes, the prices are going up about $10 each on 1 June, and they will continue to have fixed pricing. :(

aisraeltax

if i could guarantee a 08 DOM i may jump on teh sales but i cant risk an 07 DOM. :(

i was looking at this thread thinking "really..they are increasing prices..what is going on?". lol!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
<creaky old lady voice> I remember when we always bought Marathons for about $180...ah, those were the good old days....

indigoblossom

starlightCPST said:
And yes, the prices are going up about $10 each on 1 June, and they will continue to have fixed pricing. :(

that sucks, as they just went up by $20 last year, didn't they? maybe it's been longer than that but i know it hasn't quite been two years that the RA went from MSRP $199 to $219.

oh well, as with everything, rising costs have to eventually pass on to the consumer.

capeKO71

Everything baby gear is going up... Bob strollers are going up, Mountain Buggy just went up, baby jogger already went up... I'm not surprised to see britax going up... it's the shipping costs/production costs - gas prices... etc.

Wineaux

The Collegiate cover RA's that BabyAge has been selling for $149 have been DOM 08's with a 35# RF limit and the new double click buckles. Call before you order to make sure, but those seats are the best Britax deal out there IMHO.

ebarretta

What you're seeing as marked down are discontinued covers or seats manufactured last year. Britax has ALWAYS had fixed pricing.

Thanks for your reply, but I should have been more specific - I am seeing ALL colors on sale, not discontinued. I should have been more specific. My friend did purchase a Marathon in Onyx and she received it yesterday and it's a DOM of 4/08!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I figured the prices were going up because of the 35lbs rear facing limit increase.
No, it's the price of oil going from 30$ a barrel to 130 a barrel :( (all the parts have to be trucked around on deisel costing 4.50 a gallon, the seat shells are made from plastic that's made from oil, the seats have to be shipped to stores... it's really amazing other brands aren't more expensive, too... or maybe they are, but they don't care enough to tell us and we don't care enough to ask :whistle:)

ebarretta

Thanks for your reply, but I should have been more specific - I am seeing ALL colors on sale, not discontinued. I should have been more specific. My friend did purchase a Marathon in Onyx and she received it yesterday and it's a DOM of 4/08!!!

PS) just IM'd my friend in NY to ask her what she got for a RF limt because someone on another board pointed out they may be 33 RF lmit seats on sale, which is a good point. She got one with the 35 RF limit!

dhardawa

Okay, here is the deal. The old internet price policy was not legal. Britax knew it and kept pushing it saying it was. I think online retailers finally figured out it wasn't and we started seeing things like Target doing online sales, Babies R Us offering online coupons, etc. Then, everyone got on board and there have been a ton of seats marked down.

About three weeks ago, Britax sent out a letter to all retailers. Starting June 1, the prices will increase about $10 a seat. At this time, they will also price fix across the board (brick and mortar stores as well as online). This actually is legal and they can enforce it without getting sued. So, this is why so many of these blowout sales end May 31.

Britax is also doing a promotional week in June (I believe it is about the third week in June) where retailers can do sales so look for that.

popsicle

About three weeks ago, Britax sent out a letter to all retailers. Starting June 1, the prices will increase about $10 a seat. At this time, they will also price fix across the board (brick and mortar stores as well as online). This actually is legal and they can enforce it without getting sued. So, this is why so many of these blowout sales end May 31.

So does that mean boutique type baby stores won't be able to mark the prices up either? The little baby store by my office has outrageous prices (not just one Britax, on everything.)

stjemmes

I ordered a MA cowmooflage on May16 from ALLbebaby @ $229.00 and got it today. The DOM is May1,2008 needles to say I'm pumped I got it now and the DOM is new too.

ebarretta

Okay, here is the deal. The old internet price policy was not legal. Britax knew it and kept pushing it saying it was. I think online retailers finally figured out it wasn't and we started seeing things like Target doing online sales, Babies R Us offering online coupons, etc. Then, everyone got on board and there have been a ton of seats marked down.

Britax is also doing a promotional week in June (I believe it is about the third week in June) where retailers can do sales so look for that.

yeah too bad their going to fix prices during sales now too. makes it harder for the average mom to afford a britax with side impact or a regent for her older child.

vonfirmath

yeah too bad their going to fix prices during sales now too. makes it harder for the average mom to afford a britax with side impact or a regent for her older child.

There are other good seats out there. If enough business goes elsewhere because Britax is too expensive, maybe they will re-consider. Maybe they won't mind.

mommytotwo

Any idea what the price on Frontiers will be during that June sale? Will it be pretty large discounts like the twice a year ones, is what I am asking, I guess?

domandpedro75

As far as I've heard, the Feb sale and the rest of this month's sales are going to be the lowest prices out there. Their sales after the June 1st prices will never be as low as they are now.

Marinesfamily5

Albee has some really low prices right now. Be wary of Baby Universe, or any online store that wont tell you the DOM year. I ordered my MA from them March 1st. It has a 11/07 DOM and only the 33 lb limit. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC