So, what does this look like? Hmmm?

ADS

cpsaddict

Rubbermaid? Really?

Yep! Newell-Rubbermaid, Gracos parent company. The base is identical to the SS. The shell of the seat is almost the same. I think it comes up higher on the bottom, but it's the same right down to the silver circles on the sides.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
the Rubbermaid was throwing me off, but I thought the base looked like a Safeseat base! Good to know I was right, LOL/

crunchierthanthou

I'd go for that in 3 or 4 of those colors. I recognized the SS1 base, too. I wonder what the 32 means? Random number? height limit? weight limit?

cpsaddict

I'd go for that in 3 or 4 of those colors. I recognized the SS1 base, too. I wonder what the 32 means? Random number? height limit? weight limit?

I thought it was the weight limit, but I didn't read closely. I also love some of the colors and some of the strollers frames look pretty cool. I wonder how much more a Teutonia SS will be? :rolleyes:

crunchierthanthou

holy crap. have you checked out the prices? it's almost as much as an orbit once you get all the pieces. I don't see any sort of weight or height limits listed anywhere, or even whether the $190 seat comes with the base or if it's extra.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
holy crap. have you checked out the prices? it's almost as much as an orbit once you get all the pieces. I don't see any sort of weight or height limits listed anywhere, or even whether the $190 seat comes with the base or if it's extra.

On the description for the extra base, it says one comes w/ the seat, this one would be for other cars. I don't see the point in selling this when it's the same as the Safeseat and from Graco's parent company. Seems stupid to me and since Ilana was out of the SS1 at 22#, the 32# means nothing to me.

crunchierthanthou

I don't see the point in selling this when it's the same as the Safeseat and from Graco's parent company. Seems stupid to me and since Ilana was out of the SS1 at 22#, the 32# means nothing to me.

but the burnt sienna and peridot green! even the red is nice. ds is just now 30 lbs, so the weight limits don't mean much to me at all.

mominabigtruck

I would be all over it, I really hopes it comes out before it's time to buy a babyshower gift for my friend who's expecting:D

I didn't think it was that expensive. Really the cheapest ss1 you can buy is $129 and that's with no inserts or extras. The ss1 that I was looking to buy with all the inserts and gracopedic was $180 so I don't think its a huge leap, especially if it has higher limits and super pretty colors:love:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
See, I'm not fond of seats that are just one color, that bores me. I like the colors they have, but I would like some contrast in it, like the silly inserts they have. ;) I see this seat being popular in the crowd who chooses seats b/c they're expensive and pretty, not really knowing what they're buying.

my2kidsSafe

I am just wondering if an infant inseat is really worth it for that seat. I mean how long can a baby fit in one. I don't even think my son would fit in the insert at all with teh safe seat when he was first born. When i was a very uneducated carseat mom with him. I had the snuzzler for our safe seat and i had to return it since he was too big for it in the safe seat.

cpsaddict

I am just wondering if an infant inseat is really worth it for that seat. I mean how long can a baby fit in one. I don't even think my son would fit in the insert at all with teh safe seat when he was first born. When i was a very uneducated carseat mom with him. I had the snuzzler for our safe seat and i had to return it since he was too big for it in the safe seat.

The Teutonia is down right cheap compared to the Peg Perego 30/30. I believe that one is $280 and there is NO WAY a child will make it to 30lbs in that thing. Well, probably not in the Safeseat either, but the Peg is much smaller. Also, the Britax Companion is $200 and very small.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC