Need a stroller for the beach

amy919

Need a stroller for the beach - Update

Is there still a stroller section? I was too lazy to search for it...

I need a relatively cheap, but good, stroller for the beach. I need something that I can deal with on the sand. Any suggestions for something worthwhile that's not going to cost me a fortune? I already have the Volo for the boardwalk, I just need something primarily for the sand.

Last edited:
ADS

JessicaS

You'll definitely need a jogging stroller, but I think you knew that already. :) If you don't plan on actually jogging with it, you'd probably get the most use out of something with a swivel wheel. Then if you go on walks on the sidewalk or something as well, it will be easy to use. This website is great for browsing jogging strollers. :)

Here's a cheap one at $129.99.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
here's the stroller section :). But I left a redirect so you can still find your post here :thumbsup: I like that one the PP linked to! I'd go cheapest I could find in a jogger (even check the walmart bike department, they might have Bells for pretty cheap)

amy919

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I'd need a jogging stroller, as much as I hate the look of them, but I know nothing about them. Swivel or fixed wheels, etc.? No idea what I need. I'm only going to use this on the beach. Of course, I'll need to push it TO the beach, but that's just a couple of blocks.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The heavier a kid is, the easier it is to push a swivel wheel. you can lock it when you get ON the beach which will make it easier to push on sand, I think. :)

amy919

I looked on my local Craigslist, but there's nothing good on there. Why do these things have to be so ugly? The only ones I like are $300+.

amy919

Re: Need a stroller for the beach - UPDATE

OK, so DH says NFW are we taking 2 strollers with everything else we have to pack into the car. So, I've decided to forget the jogger since I just don't like the look of the ones in the price range I'm willing to spend. Yes, I'll admit to being that vain :rolleyes:. For the early morning beach walks, I'm thinking of either getting a backpack since she loves to be carried or just letting her walk with me.

I really do want a new stroller, though. I've been good for way too long :p. I do love my orange volo, but I'd like something else. I'm spoiled by how light it is, but I want something a little more "substantial" feeling, not so tippy, since I'd really like to add a buggy board on the back for my older DD. The boardwalk gets crazy at night and she gets tired of all of the walking and I like her close by for safety reasons.

I have some concerns about the buggy board. Does anyone know if there any good strollers that it works well with AND the stroller can be folded with the board still on? It looks easy enough to take on and off, but I really don't feel like dealing with that on a daily basis.

ErinGoBragh

Re: Need a stroller for the beach - UPDATE

I can't imagine pushing a Volo on the boardwalk. I took my DS in my Graco Mosaic to the boardwalk once and it was horrible. The poor kid was being shaken around since the wheels were too small.
<p>
I have no idea on other strollers, but my BJCM did great the last time we went.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC