new here, hoping for some help with posting, avatars, etc

canadiangie

Hi,

My name is Angie and I usually post on another CPS related board (not sure if I'm allowed to mention which one). Anyway, I'd love to become involved in your forums, and just need a little help with how. I'm not sure if I registered correctly, and I'm really not sure how to post (I've tried a few times, but my posts/replies don't seem to show up). So, if anyone has any helpful advice for me I would really appreciate it.

In case it matters, I'm the one who got Jon & Kate their Radians. I'm also a CRST in Canada. And I know Lara (the US mama with the new *illegal* Swedish dream seat. And I know Aidansmommy on the CDN forum.

Thanks a bunch!

Angie
CRST in Alberta, Canada

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Posts are moderated for new users. I believe you get an e-mail to confirm you are who you say you are before they become unmoderated. ;) That's why they are not showing up right away.

Since this post showed up... you are posting just fine, registered just fine and are now a member of our community. Welcome! :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Hi,

My name is Angie and I usually post on another CPS related board (not sure if I'm allowed to mention which one). Anyway, I'd love to become involved in your forums, and just need a little help with how. I'm not sure if I registered correctly, and I'm really not sure how to post (I've tried a few times, but my posts/replies don't seem to show up). So, if anyone has any helpful advice for me I would really appreciate it.

In case it matters, I'm the one who got Jon & Kate their Radians. I'm also a CRST in Canada. And I know Lara (the US mama with the new *illegal* Swedish dream seat. And I know Aidansmommy on the CDN forum.

Thanks a bunch!

Angie
CRST in Alberta, Canada

I remember when you got them the Radians! :thumbsup: I remember you from BabyCenter.

It's OK to post the names of other forums here, though a lot of people don't do it. It's not like you're trying to "steal" people from here, though. :)

canadiangie

Hi!

I figured I'd get brave and actually join after all my years of lurking over here. Great to see you here, thought you might reply actually. So, can I just start replying to posts?? Will anyone mind if I just jump in on occasion? I admit to feeling a little intimidated over here.

Angie

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We welcome people that jump in (with correct information ;))... if something you post is incorrect, someone will fix it. :D That's how we all learn. :)

Lara

Hey girl!

Yes, just jump right in and start posting! :) Welcome to the dark side :evil grin:

Mommy090804

Welcome Angie! I remember you from the BBC carseat board. I haven't posted over there in a while, but do remember you helping out some parents with questions specifically related to Canadian seats, etc. Nice to see you here. Everyone is really nice, and quite passionate about child carseat safety. I think you'll like it here:) (Oh, a word of warning, this board is quite addictive...;))

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Hi!

I figured I'd get brave and actually join after all my years of lurking over here. Great to see you here, thought you might reply actually. So, can I just start replying to posts?? Will anyone mind if I just jump in on occasion? I admit to feeling a little intimidated over here.

Angie

I felt a little intimidated too. Still do sometimes. :eek: But everyone here is great!

Since you're a tech, read this announcement for info on how to register as a tech - you get access to a private tech-only forum as well as the green CPST tag under your name. :thumbsup:

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=5

canadiangie

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :)

I don't have a scanner, so probably won't be able to join the tech forum quite yet. (though dh could probably scan my certificate at work... we'll see).

One question though, I sometimes see people referring to "chat"... like for example there was a Britax rep on a "chat" type thing. What is that? Do I have access to that??

And how do I make a siggie?

Thank you,

Angie

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
You can make a siggy by going to your User CP... look up near the top of the screen on the left hand side. Click on User CP and make your siggy in there.

Also if you look along that same bar, there will be a Chat Room (far right side, just before the log out link) link to click on. It's only available to certain members, so you may not see it just yet. We have scheduled chats with different reps on different topics OR we just go hang out and chat in real time once in awhile. :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
You can also enable rep in your User CP (another addiction around here, it seems :D) and start collecting little green squares for helpful posts written. :)

User CP... Edit Options... Click on the box that says "Show reputation...."

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Hi and welcome! What a pretty PINK backseat you have! :p

Don't forget to register with your tech number so you have access to the tech forum (and the pretty green title too of course ;) )

ETA: I didn't need a copy of my certificate, just the number.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Hi and welcome! What a pretty PINK backseat you have! :p

Don't forget to register with your tech number so you have access to the tech forum (and the pretty green title too of course ;) )

ETA: I didn't need a copy of my certificate, just the number.

Canadians need a copy of the certificate since there is no national database to verify us on. ;)

canadiangie

Ya, sometimes a little too PINK I think. :p

Okay, so my girl "Emma" is riding a little low in my siggie... how do I fix that??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC