I did it, i persuaded a complete stranger not to put there 3 yr old in a booster

my2kidsSafe

I did my good deed of the week. I was at walmart looking at the nautilus. Which i love by the way. And this mom was checking out boosters with this 3.5 year old who was climbing out of the carriage, after she said over and over again to stay in. Which i know is normal behavior of a 3 year old. So she asked me if i knew anything about the difference of the boosters. I asked her who it was for, and she said him since he is 38 lbs and about to outgrow his carseat. I politely let her know that it is very unsafe for him to be in one. She kept saying how many of her friends have their kids in them. I reminded her how many times she had to tell him to stay in the carriage, if he was in a booster would he be climbing into the front seat with her, when he felt like moving. I told her all about kyle miller and she is actually going to google the video. She didn't know what else to do since he was at the weight limit. I recommended the nautlilus and she really liked it and bought it right there. I knew for a fact that that little boy was not ready for a booster.

ADS

littleangelfire

Cool! I've talked to a few people about them when I saw them looking at boosters at Walmart, and I thought I really had one a few weeks ago, but she said she was going to go to Target and see what boosters they had. I'll bet she bought a booster, b/c that's what she seemed most interested in. She said she'd rather keep her harnessed, but kept pointing out the combo seats even when I told her her 38lbs daughter would outgrow them very soon. When I showed her the Nautilus and its 65lbs harness and then a booster, she pointed at the Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 next to it and said 'oh so its like this one' . Had to clear that up really quick. :)

laurenrachey

:thumbsup: You were in the right place at the right time...just what that little boy and his mom needed! Way to go!

faeanne

Great Job! Since I've discovered my new-found knowledge about seats I want to help people when I see them looking at seats at like WM, but I don't feel comfortable enough yet since I have so much to learn. I'm glad you was able to help a child stay safer!

ntepper

My neighbor and very good friend has had her 3 year old son in a backless booster for months now. I have begged her to take him out of it since she has a perfectly good harnessed car seat that fits him and that she could use sitting in her trunk!! I took the seat out one day and wrote a sign on it that said "please use me!". Then I came inside and sent her a long email telling her everything I learned on this site and attaching the links for the utube videos. She called me two days later and told me he was back in the car seat and that she appreciates that I care so much! I was so happy!!! I am on a mission now!! thank you all on this site for arming me with so much information!!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That's great! I remember the check I did where we had to get the little boy off the roof of mom's car and send him away in a booster. :( Mom said he had been using a booster for a while in dad's car, oy. He was 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC