Today we wrecked

luvmy2

:(
I was turning left into a gas station after church a F150 rear ended us. I kind of saw him coming (very quickly) and I let off my brake and veered left a little, hoping he could get around me but he couldn't. :(
Briar was sound asleep and she woke up screaming on impact.. It scared her to death! Well her crying scared Zaylor and then he started crying.. it was awful. I went to the hospital b/c my back is hurting. The EMTs were awesome, btw. They called in one of their emt's that is also an Army wife & she came & got my kids & brought them to the ER.
I just don't know what to do now. My dh is deployed to Fort Polk right now, I can't get ahold of him, I'm not sure who he changed our insurance too (we just moved up to NY from KY). I know my seats have to be replaced.. on the way home from the hospital I could hear Briar's SS1 making a strange clicking noise when we would hit a bump.. :confused:
Anyway I'm just stressed out and being here alone with no family close by & I haven't really been here long enough to make any friends. :(
I was just REALLY grateful today for the EMTs, they were so great with everything.
Sorry if this doesn't make much sense I'm just typing...

eta: Both of my kids are fine, thank God! But my back hurts.

ADS

Morganthe

:(

I just don't know what to do now. My dh is deployed to Fort Polk right now, I can't get ahold of him, I'm not sure who he changed our insurance too (we just moved up to NY from KY).

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) poor you!

If he's active duty or on orders, shouldn't Tricare cover you? Here is the link to the main Tricare website. It should help start you out at least for somewhere to go or do.

Hth & good luck. :love::love: I hope you feel better soon.

Mama!

Bless your heart.:( I am so glad you guys are okay. Your back may be really sore for a few days. Can you find a chiro?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Maybe she means Auto Insurance???

Make the guy who hit you insurance cover the cost of new seats since he was at fault.

I'm glad you guys are other wise ok.

Susan

luvmy2

Yes, I meant auto insurance. I know that NY is a no fault state, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

luvmy2

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) poor you!

If he's active duty or on orders, shouldn't Tricare cover you? Here is the link to the main Tricare website. It should help start you out at least for somewhere to go or do.

Hth & good luck. :love::love: I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, we have Tricare. Thank you though! :love:

Morganthe

Yes, I meant auto insurance. I know that NY is a no fault state, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Ahhh, je comprend. :sorry!:

Have you checked with your paperwork for your car inside your glove compartment box?
He should have had to place proof of insurance card/voucher if you get stopped by police or for just this type of situation.

My other suggestion would be to look through your checkbook register or if you don't have online access to look at your accounts, contact your bank to see what company he paid for coverage through.
hth :)
Good luck

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
(((HUGS)))) I don't know where in NY you're located but send me a PM and if I'm anywhere near you I might be able to help you out.

Kecia

Brilliantmama

Oh, and if your DH registered the car in NY, he had to already have NY insurance. Glove compartment would be a good place to start.

luvmy2

We are military & just arrived in NY the first week of April. SO... we have OH driver's licenses, MI tags & registration, and KY auto insurance. I called the KY insurance agent today & they are helping me to figure out if & who my dh switched our insurance to.

U

Unregistered

Just FYI: One of the moms in my mommy group told me today that insurance will sometimes cover the cost of new car seats ... but you have to ask (they won't offer up that info). Seems like a totally valid request for me. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC