Buying a booster tonight, need some hand holding please (Parkway or FPSVB)

loufrando

Okay, so I've finally gotten the OK from dh to purchase a booster. I am 90% sure I want to get the Parkway, but the FPSVB keeps nagging at me because of it's narrowness (and cheapness;)). I was hoping you all could talk me through it and help my indecisive self! :eek:

My situation is that I want the booster to fit 3-across in my '04 CR-V for the summer (I am borrowing a Radian until Oct). My setup is: rfing MA (passenger side outboard) and Radian (center). The booster would go outboard on the driver's side. I was able to fit an Evenflo booster (not sure exactly which one, I think the Big Kid?) in that spot the other day and it wasn't too bad. I could also fit a TurboBooster there.

I want to buy the Parkway (for the lack of armrests, lightweight, SIP and belt guide tallness), I am just concerned about the Parkway being possibly wider than those seats and not fitting? Can anyone enlighten me on whether or not that is the case? I *know* the FP would fit since it is narrower than a TB, so that is the safe choice, and I guess it would be nice to have a super narrow booster around in the future when I get a van to fit 3-across the 3rd row, but if someone could tell me that the Parkway will fit and/or that it is the same width or narrower than the Evenflo or TB then I'm gonna click 'buy' on that one because I like it alot better!

When my dd outgrows her Regent/Husky I'm going to get her a Monterey (or maybe the new Clek hbb, we'll see... ;)) as her main seat in my car and whatever booster I buy now will go in dh's car as her secondary seat. His car does not have LATCH, so I want to buy a lightweight booster to go there (why I'm not buying 2 Monterey's). For now this booster will be used to carry friend's in our car this summer and as a seat for dd for friends/cousins/gma's cars (I can't be installing/uninstalling the Regent in other people's cars all the time- and it usually doesn't fit!) so being lightweight and easy to buckle when I'm not there is doubly important. Which is what led me to feel that the Parkway would be perfect, but I'm just so scared that I'll get it and it won't fit in the CR-V!

Can someone please reassure me? :thanx!:

ADS

canadianmom2three

At it's widest point on the base, the parkway is slightly wider than the TB...I have the front part of the parkway base at 17", and the turbo at 16. At the back of the base, where the seatbelt would go, there is no comparison! The parkway is a tiny 13" or so, and the turbo is just over 15". The body wings are pretty comparable, if not slightly wider on the turbo. The headwings seem about the same. These are ROUGH measurements......but I think if you can fit a turbo, you can fit a parkway, and it will be MILES easier to buckle without the armrests in the way. We just went from the turbo to the parkway, and it is MUCH easier in my center position. Hope that helps, and good luck with your purchase. I had looked at the FP as well, because it is so narrow, but (aside from the fact that it's not available in canada) it just doesn't have the sip of the parkway, either in the body or head wings.....

jdubsm

I like my Parkways so much better than my FPSVB. I bought two FPSVB recently for a trip and I hated the way my girls fit in them and it always seemed like the shoulder strap was falling off one of my girl's shoulders. I sold them when we got home.

I've been able to get three across in a couple of small vehicles with my Parkways. One was in a Corolla and did Parkway, rf scenera, Parkway and the other was a newer Camry and it was parkway, Regent, Parkway. I also put the Parkway, Parkway and ff scenera in the Camry without an issue. With no armrest they are pretty easy to buckle in the three across situation too.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I haven't done 3-across in that vehicle, but I did install the Radian FF-center in a CR-V during our trip last year. There was plenty of room for the teens sitting on either side of it, and I think the Parkway would fit fine. :twocents:

loufrando

Okay, I ordered a Parkway (Express) from albeebaby late last night. It usually takes me a week to get my stuff from them. I'll post about the DOM and how the fit turns out. I'm excited! Thanks for the encouragement. I only needed a little push ;):p.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC