Graco Turbo Booster

Shanora

I'm just wondering if its possible to just buy the back for a turbo booster....my DS#1 has the LBB verity of this, and when we move to Alberta (From Ontario) I want him to have a HBB.....head support for when he inevitably falls asleep. Or am I just going to have to buy him a whole new seat?

ADS
U

Unregistered1

I'd like to know the answer to this too, we have a lot of BB turbos come through our checks and with kids in them who are marginal for booster use, so we often would like to see them at least used with the back... but I can't recommend a parent get the back if you can't just get the back.

ginny4

not sure if you can tho i'm not sure JUST the LBB is any different than the HBB bottom version. BUT the problem is cost. by the time you add all the replacement parts to make a back you could get a new seat for nearly the same price. $36 plus shipping (not even sure that covers the fabric too or just teh plastic parts) . a new seat is $40-50

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
You'd have to contact Graco. They've changed the design very slightly in the past few years (I'm not exactly sure when) and I don't know that the backs for the newer models would fit an older model.

For the same model year, though, I know for a fact they were interchangeable - we've had/have five TBs, and two of them were identical even though one was bought as a backless and the other was bought as a HBB.

Shanora

See unfortunately here it could cost me almost $70 to get a graco HBB....the Low back cost me almost $40. So if I could get the back shipped for less than I would. The Graco site doesn't have them in their replacements....so I'm guessing I'm gonna have to buy him a whole new seat.....

beeman

IIRC, when you add all the parts needed to make the back and add shipping, it is uneconomical to go this route, and I don't believe they have a complete back available. If your backless model isn't brand new, you won't get as many years of service out of it, compared to purchasing a complete high back booster, due to expiration dates of the original seat. I would just buy the whole new seat, and then you have a spare backless handy :twocents: .

littleangelfire

I don't know if you can buy it - I would assume you can though. However, Graco did send me a back as a replacement, even though I told them I wasn't sure that was an issue or if I just wasn't getting it locked in right.

Shanora

We only got the booster 2 months ago......he'd been out of one since he turned 8 (the law in Ontario) last August. But after buying this i realized that we're going to be driving 8-10 hour days for 7 days....when we move, and I didn't think of this when I bought his seat...*sigh*

Thanks for the replies though ladies....looks like I may have to buy him a different seat

Mommy2Five

If you registered your seat with Graco, you can purchase the parts that you need from the web site.

Lower back support $18.00
Lower back support pad
trans.gif
$13.00
Plastic head support w/ styrofoam piece $18.00
Head support pad $13.00
+ Shipping
-----------------------------------------------------
= $62.00 + shipping costs

Though that is actually more expensive than buying a new HBTB in some places. (Wal-Mart has one for $38.99 right now.)

U

Unregistered

The cheapest I see on Walmart in the Tara model at $39.84 What is the different between it and the Fairfax that is $ 59.96?? Also would this be ok for a 41"-42" 4 year old for use in grandparent car? Thanks in advance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC