True Fit: The only car seat you'll ever need!

Momof4Girls

That's what the ad in Parents magazine for June 2008 said...I saw it myself this morning taking dd3 to ST....excuse me???

Raechel

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Well, if you don't classify a booster as a carseat, then I guess it could be true ;)

4boysmom

That's what the ad in Parents magazine for June 2008 said...I saw it myself this morning taking dd3 to ST....excuse me???

Raechel

I think it has been mentioned here that it could, theoretically, be the only HARNESSED seat a child would ever need. My average sized 6.75er still fits in it size wise, just barely strap length wise and he has 10 more available pounds in it and I think he had some strap height left currently 9 mo after a 6 yr seat would have expired...
I think (meaning iirc, not nessasarily IMO) it has decent lower strap heights for a nb and it has nice top heights so it is a decent birth to 6 seat. So assuming you can get it to work in your vehicle and your 6yo was ready for a booster it would be the only carseat (the generic term many use for harnessed seats) you need.

aisraeltax

yeh, i guess theoretically it could be...if you are willing to go against manuf's directions or FF at 22 lbs. :( (or have alot of space to RF w/ the headrest on).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
yeh, i guess theoretically it could be...if you are willing to go against manuf's directions or FF at 22 lbs. :( (or have alot of space to RF w/ the headrest on).
Ya, totally defeats the purpose of the removable headrest as most kids are 22 pounds before they even reach an age where they could legally FF. They may as well have made it the full size, the removable headrest is nothing more than a marketing gimmick unless you've got a large vehicle.

aisraeltax

yk, thats a great point. what is the point of that headrest? it really does make you wonder if they were thinking ERF;ing. Even reading the manual I often wonder if they seriously contemplated ERF.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
yk, thats a great point. what is the point of that headrest? it really does make you wonder if they were thinking ERF;ing. Even reading the manual I often wonder if they seriously contemplated ERF.
I agree. I said in another post that I don't think the seat was actually designed for ERF. It seems like it was designed to be used FF at a year of age and 22 pounds...

solmama

I think, maybe, the only reason they're sticking to 45* rf is because they only tested it at 45*. ERF didn't even dawn on them, so due to liability issues, they can't recommend anything else. Oops. I guess they weren't aware of people like us:). Also, it seems that the company is in a bit of confusion with the recent merging/buyout of Compass...let's hope they can clear some of this up.

tl01

I think, maybe, the only reason they're sticking to 45* rf is because they only tested it at 45*. ERF didn't even dawn on them, so due to liability issues, they can't recommend anything else. Oops. I guess they weren't aware of people like us:). Also, it seems that the company is in a bit of confusion with the recent merging/buyout of Compass...let's hope they can clear some of this up.

It's possible that this is true, but when I spoke to the seat engineer at Compass it seemed as though he was trying to say that they had tested the seat at different angles and that it was best at 45 degrees. We wouldn't flat out say it but he hinted. Also, he said they test other manufacturers seats too so it seems as though the testing process is pretty thorough. I did try to explain why the 45 degree angle means the seat is almost useless for ERF and he said that not all seats are perfect for all cars.

solmama

I don't think an engineer should be "hinting" at a car seat working improperly at a lesser angle. If they indeed tested it at a lesser angle, I would hope they would say directly and give a reason, not hint.

aisraeltax

I did try to explain why the 45 degree angle means the seat is almost useless for ERF and he said that not all seats are perfect for all cars.

that seems to be the fall back when a seat is less than optimal "well, not all seats are perfect for all cars". ....other than large crossovers, suvs or minivans..i dont see what cars these seats are good at if they have to be at 45 degree angle past 22 lbs. (RF'ing).

i know im preaching to the choir and i will stop now but i hate for anyone to purchase the seats not understanding that limitation.

tl01

I don't think an engineer should be "hinting" at a car seat working improperly at a lesser angle. If they indeed tested it at a lesser angle, I would hope they would say directly and give a reason, not hint.

I know that only Sunshine Kids gives out info about how they test their seats and why would you assume that they should directly specify the angle at which the seat was tested? He didn't say it worked improperly but I'm guessing that it performed better at the 45 degree angle. This might be similar to how Britax changed the requirements for the install of the Regent. All they would tell us was that it performed better that way and so it had to be installed that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC