EFTA or FPSV

angchick

Im really trying to decide what is the best way to go. Right now I have a son who is 4 in a regent and a daughter who is 18 months in a comfort sport. Im pregnant with number 3 due in October and I want to get my dd a new seat. I want to get her a regent next year but for now I want to get a seat she can use and when the new baby outgrows the infant seat give it to the new baby and get her a regent. however price is a factor for me. I only got my son the regent b/c of that big sale in Feb and only paid 180 for it. Im holding out hoping they will have another one of these sales in the future. Anway Im trying to decide between the EFTA or the fisher price safe voyage seat. What do you recommend? right now my dd is FF b/c we can not get the comfort sport in right RF. She weighs about 23-24 pounds. I want something that her and the baby both will be harnessed with longer than the 40 pounds which is why I was looking at both these seats.

What are your thoughts?
TIA

ADS

Stretchy Glue

I love the FPSVD, but in the interest of longevity, I'd get the EFTA. The FPSVD seats have been discontinued for about 1 year, meaning those available will only have about 5 years. The EFTA will be good for full year longer, allowing you to pass it on to your youngest when you do buy the Regent (or something similar).

Rosey

I love the fpsvd. Albeebaby.com has 7/07 DOM. I disliked the EFTA but people love them so try it out first. There is another Britax sale in sept.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's also do the EFTA since it will have a recent date of manufacutre. I'd also try putting your dd back rf'ing too. She's still pretty young and small to be ff'ing, and with a new seat hopefully you'd be able to get it installed better. Even just riding rf'ing until baby needs the convertible, she'll get bigger and older in that period. :thumbsup:

What type of vehicle do you have?

eta: Here's a video that gives the basics about why rf'ing past the minimum of 1yr and 20lbs is so much safer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8 I really like to see kids get at least to 2yrs old whenever possible and it's worth trying at least... lots of kids have no problem going back rf'ing after being ff'ing - and they all the sudden start sleeping in the car better too. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC