Graco snugride 3-point harness?

My friend's kid who I am watching today(used to watch big brother from 8 weeks to 2 1/2 years, but hours were way too long). Anyways, he is 2 1/2 now and rides in a HBB :eek:!!!! (He is only 32 pounds, 36 inches). He is just on top slots of my scenera. They have money, it is just they choose not to care about this matter. I told them about ERF and EH sent them links for a year now, and this is what he comes in! UGHHH!!!

And lil' brother-3 1/2 months comes in a graco 3-point snugride(crashed seat)-that was ina terrible accident when baby number 1 was in the car(seat flipped over ontop of him and he fell out of it-not strapped in right). UGHHH!!!
So, I am here needing to go somewhere (meeting friends at nearby park) and I pray he fits in the scenera(he is about 12 pounds tops) and very short torsoed. If not, we are not going anywhere.

Ok, my frustrations for the day! They know these seats are not safe and choose to not listen to me! UGhhh, one reason why I stopped watching them!

ADS

laurenrachey

Unbelievable. And they've even had a wreck themselves...there's no excuse. There was a story here (NC) about a month ago where a car got broadsided by a tractor trailer. It pushed the van through a gaurdrail down an embankment and onto an interstate below! Everyone was killed on impact except the twins that were in carseats, who just had a few scrapes and bruises. Carseats do incredible things. That being said, my friends kid was in a LBB at that age/weight :( Hope he fits in the scenera.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry! This is time when it goes beyond frustrating. A close friend of mine currently has her 20#, 29" 15 mos old ffing in a Scenera. I've told her at least twice what the limits are and given her info on rfing, she just doesn't care. She's also one that had her 26# 2.5yo in a booster b/c she didn't want to adjust her harness around her winter coat. :(

emandbri

that is horrible! It would be so sad if you accidently "fell" on the infant seat and it broke! ;)

HA! I have been thinking all day-how do I break this thing!!! LOL!
For fun I put him in my scenera and took pics! He fits nice! :)(the baby) the oldest has at lease 2 inches of torso left.

UGHHH!!! How hard is buying 2-40.00 seats! UGHHH!!! I guess because a 61 inch flat screen tv is way better! :mad:

Re: Graco snugride 3-point harness?--(PICS OF BABY IN SCENERA)

Ok, so I didn't go anywhere, only because I couldn't trust the 2 1/2 year old in the house while I installed the seats and tried 3-across.
Anyways.. we just went to the park by our house.

Ok, so I tried the baby in the scenera though in the house! I LOVE THE SCENERA for small babies! Nice!
Here are some pics!
3 1/2 months old-Mabey 12 pounds tops. (not sure on anything else.

May2008107-1.jpg

The first slot!
May2008108.jpg

Re: Graco snugride 3-point harness?--(PICS OF BABY IN SCENERA)

Cute!
I have held onto my 6yo dd's 3pt, rear-adjust SR over the years. It's expired of course. I've used it to feed babies in the house sometimes. I hope you can figure out how to break it!!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You know the hard part to understand is how they don't get it with their oldest having been *ejected* from his carseat. Sounds like that baby had somebody watching over him that day. They're lucky they didn't learn the importance of car safety the hard way. :(

hillary116

Ok - this is a dumb question- but what does a 3-point harness look like? Any pics? My snugrides are from 2004, so no EPS, but they do have 5 point harnesses I think. The harness goes over the shoulders and across at the hips, and hooks in the middle. We are done with them now, but should they be thrown? How would they be for someone who could not afford a seat? Like to donate? No accidents or anything.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ok - this is a dumb question- but what does a 3-point harness look like? Any pics? My snugrides are from 2004, so no EPS, but they do have 5 point harnesses I think. The harness goes over the shoulders and across at the hips, and hooks in the middle. We are done with them now, but should they be thrown? How would they be for someone who could not afford a seat? Like to donate? No accidents or anything.

Like this:

2383232486_e1253d3c91.jpg

They come over the shoulders and buckle at the crotch. There aren't hip straps, so there is just 3 pts of restraint - each shoulder, and the crotch. (This is my 10yr old dd, so yes I have permission to post it. ;))

This particular seat was an On My Way from Evenflo and 10yrs ago it was actually a pretty novel seat because it had a base and I think might've been one of the first to come in a travel system. Goes to show how much standards & technology change over time. We think of these seats pretty awfully now, but they were a great seat for what was out at the time. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC