Should I just give up?

tl01

This morning, DS weighed 34 lbs in a cleanish diaper and just a T-shirt and shorts. I've tried installing his True Fit in the car at a 45 degree angle and I'm not thrilled with the install... with the seat being so propped up and DS whines when the seat is like that. I get the feeling that it makes him feel weird. I've lived through him screaming in the car for the first 8 month of his life depending upon what seat he was in so I can handle him being angry... but the whining seems different to me.

Anyway, I've purchased a Como which didn't work out for us and a True Fit for the extra 2 lbs of RFing weight. At this point DS can't RFace in his Blvd or Radian. I can't believe I'm considering this... but I think I might just FFace him. Is this a bad decision. He's almost 26 months. I've thought about getting a Swedish seat but DH isn't really on board with it... even though DS has a huge noggin. I guess I'm lucky that he let me get the extra seats for the 35lb weight limit. It doesn't seem as though it makes sense to buy a Scenera or an EFTA for the last lb of RFing weight. I keep thinking that if I take cheese out of his diet... then he'll fit in his seat longer. ARG!! What to do?

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Yes. He's 34 lbs. It's going to be okay to FF him. Breathe, honey, Breathe!!! Don't starve your son so you can keep him RF for another lb. LOL Be greatful that you were intelligent enough to keep him RF 14 months longer than most people, and put your scale away.

tl01

I am quite grateful... I just wonder if I'm not doing enough by not fighting DH for a Swedish seat. To be honest... he thinks I'm nuts for even wanting to get one. I think for the sake of my marriage that I might just have to let the seat issue go. Don't worry.. .I wouldn't really mess with his diet.. though it did pass through my mind briefly:) He's really not starving.. gaining at least 1.5lbs since his 2nd birthday.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Not to mention, it'd take you awhile to get (shipping), so you'd have to turn him in the meantime, most likely.

mommy2env

I would be fine turning him. I would actually sell the TF, and save the money for a future purchase like the GN, Frontier, or a Regent.

I wouldn't go through the trouble of importing an illegal seat, unless my child needed it for medical reasons.

tl01

I would be fine turning him. I would actually sell the TF, and save the money for a future purchase like the GN, Frontier, or a Regent.

I wouldn't go through the trouble of importing an illegal seat, unless my child needed it for medical reasons.

Not to mention, it'd take you awhile to get (shipping), so you'd have to turn him in the meantime, most likely.

I was going to get the seat legally.. but I think by the time I do he'll be over 35 lbs and you're right.. he would be FFing while I went through the process. I actually like the TF otherwise so I think I'll keep it.. unless I don't like the FFing install. I should be okay to buy another seat by the time DS is ready for a bigger seat.

I do have a script from a doc for a RFing 55lb seat b/c of DS's large head... he has a diagnosis of familial macrocephaly.

brightredmtn

I was going to get the seat legally.. but I think by the time I do he'll be over 35 lbs and you're right.. he would be FFing while I went through the process. I actually like the TF otherwise so I think I'll keep it.. unless I don't like the FFing install. I should be okay to buy another seat by the time DS is ready for a bigger seat.

I do have a script from a doc for a RFing 55lb seat b/c of DS's large head... he has a diagnosis of familial macrocephaly.

I vote yes for getting a Swedish seat so I can someday play with it!!!

tl01

Well the seats are about $600 it seems + shipping. I have no idea what it would costs to ship from Sweden.

brightredmtn

Well the seats are about $600 it seems + shipping. I have no idea what it would costs to ship from Sweden.

That's a lot but when you consider how much use you'll get out of it, you'll definitely get your monies worth. Are they convertible so it could be used FF too?

indigoblossom

Yes. He's 34 lbs. It's going to be okay to FF him. Breathe, honey, Breathe!!! Don't starve your son so you can keep him RF for another lb. LOL Be greatful that you were intelligent enough to keep him RF 14 months longer than most people, and put your scale away.

well said!!! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC